Brush Country Hogs

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not too terribly exciting of a video but here are as couple hogs I shot Sunday night at a friend's deer lease in Uvalde County. The first hog I didn't recover but could hear her gurgling last grunts and breaths as she died in the thickest of rattlesnake thickets. The second hog I had to stalk up to and actually spooked from the feeder. I waited 5 minutes and he came right back. He only made it about 10 feet into the brush before he piled up.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shots on the Hogs Jake. Sure can't say I can fault you for not wanting to go hand to hand with rattlesnakes, to search for a dead hog!
Congrats.

Dennis

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How're liking the PiP?

Good job on the hogs!

I like the PIP as I feel I can make much more precise shots. However, it is tough to train yourself to transition to main reticle on the running shots. I thought I had it down then took a bunch of running shots at a coyote with the PIP. I ended up getting the coyote but the shots would have been much easier with the main reticle.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the PIP as I feel I can make much more precise shots. However, it is tough to train yourself to transition to main reticle on the running shots. I thought I had it down then took a bunch of running shots at a coyote with the PIP. I ended up getting the coyote but the shots would have been much easier with the main reticle.

When I first saw PiP, I thought it was pretty stupid. Then I tried using it and had some transition problems like you described, but then it became 2nd nature. I really like the feature. For sounders, I learned to make a precise first shot and then pick up the runners with the wider FOV of the main portion of the image. Give it a bit of time.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Jake, you have really been getting on them!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think I'd be opting to use the PiP feature as much as possible. I found it very nice (viewing the vid) to transition to the wide angle after the initial shot.

Nice shooting there. Yer hammerin' 'dem hogs left and right.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shooting! We have rattlers here in SC, but I'm sure they get bigger out there in TX. Damn things give me the creeps!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Homie don't like biting snakes. My nickname for Water Mocs is: "Snakes with Turret's Syndrome". I hear too many tales of those bastages dropping from trees INTO a boat to inflict nasty upon you.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done Jake!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Homie don't like biting snakes. My nickname for Water Mocs is: "Snakes with Turret's Syndrome". I hear too many tales of those bastages dropping from trees INTO a boat to inflict nasty upon you.
That's the truth. And the worst part is if the bite doesnt get you the stench will. Those things wreak like dead carcass.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting. Way to go Jake.
I personally loved the PIP, and could transition to the main reticle without issue as long as everything stayed calm. But if it was intense =large group scattering or hogs coming at me I would try to pull PIP reticle down to targets in main screen. My kills increased dramatically when I stopped using it. Definitely a defect with me , not the scope.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hog down ... Uvalde is some a pretty area