Brrrrday hogs

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well it's my birthday as of midnight and it got cold tonight. And I didn't dress for forty degrees, but still had a good time. Land owner texted me earlier in the week saying he had a pack of coyotes attack his dogs behind his house when he let them out before bed and he had to unload his .357 revolver to run them off. So after arriving driving and scanning the property I started calling with a hand call. I saw a pair of coyotes about 400 yds away but they wouldn't leave the tree line. A bobcat did come within a hundred yards but he doesn't want me to shoot the cats. Noticed a hog coming towards me in a field while scanning/watching the coyotes so I got positioned to cut him off and took the shot st about 50 yards. Shoulder hit. He ran about 15-20 yards and went down. #190 black and white.
Then I was about to leave and did a "last" scan and saw this other lone boar rooting up the place so I stalked in and took a quartering towards me shot. Kinda pulled the shot but still entered the shoulder. He ran about 40 yards and piled up. #140 solid black. Gotta work in the mornin so I called it a night but all in all a good hunt.

Attachments

• IMG_5565.JPG
    IMG_5565.JPG
    216.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5557.JPG
    IMG_5557.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 17

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Blakester. You sure that black and white was not someones pet?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh yea...Happy Birthday!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Happy Birthday Blakester! Good job on the hogs too.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Happy Boipday young man !!! Nice way to spend your birthday. Nice hogs... 'yotes next time.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Happy Birthday and nice pair of hogs!

D

djones

now this is what's wrong with our youth today. i like hunting hogs as much as anyone, but on your brrrday you should be partying naked all night long.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LQQK DJ 2 Hogs 2 shots, no dirt clods harmed! WOW I like the NO banner look!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Suss lost some banners and Frank gained one!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Blakester. You sure that black and white was not someones pet?
Awe man y'all are already onto me joining up with the **** guys shooting 450 lb farm pigs like they're feral to help the business! Haha but ya he does look look like he as a lot less Eurasian in him. On that note both sounders we got into last weekend had Oreo hogs in them.

D

djones

i never thought of that. i'm about to go kill some stuff now. i'll try it, and don't worry... there WILL be pics