Brian and others: what 6.5 grendel mags work best

Discussion in 'Firearms; Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, accessories.' started by AKay, Aug 13, 2017.

1. AKay

AKay LSB Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

To Brian and any others that shoot 6.5 grendel.

I have tried Stoner mags from midwayusa and have fail to feed with every mag. This is a new build and it could be other causes, but I would like mag recommendations.

2. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Hey AKay, BRD give me your number and I will call you later. In the mean time...

My Stoner mags work fine in my guns.

I have had issues with some ASC mags, but not all of them.

I have recently tried E-lander (made by Alexander Arms, and sold through Midway, AA, etc.) and find that they work very well. They are currently my Go-To mags.

3. Curly Shuffle

Curly Shuffle LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

ASC when I first get them I take them apart clean them then oil them down for a day or so and have had no problems, the next ones would be ELander I think they have came out within the last year and seem to be ones that work too. BANG BANG!!

4. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Curly, I have actually has ASC mags that won't feed rounds consistently because of a physical obstruction issue. The fix is to grind down the front of the mag or to bend open the feed lips. I have done both and both will resolve the issue.

5. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

6. Curly Shuffle

Curly Shuffle LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I have never had any troubles with them. I know about yours though. As with anything that is stamped out in mass production I am sure some bad ones slip through. I am glad the 8 or 10 that I have have had no issues. I don't need to buy any more, these should last me my life time. MAG MAG