Brian 1, Coyotes 1

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When y'all shoot your coyotes, are you taking a close look at them to see what sort of condition they are in? Just curious. I seem to be shooting a goodly % of coyotes that are in distress. This first coyote last night had several sores on her and had a swollen elbow with open sores or wounds on it that exposed the underlying muscle and connective tissue. This seems to be the cause of her limp.

In the video, she is a bit hard to see. This isn't because of high humidity, distance, or lack of optics, but because she is mostly occluded by vegetation.

I made an equally good shot with the second coyote. You can see in the slow motion how steady I was (new tripod helped!), the lack of flinch, and also the lack of timing, the coyote taking off just before the shot. The quarter second delay plus 0.1 second flight time was more than the enough for the coyote to be completely out of the way of the bullet by the time it arrived.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is coyote season for you! No more bobcats or mule footed critters?

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looks like the night was a draw between you and the coyotes.

That's not bad, though.
Keep after 'em!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for sharing!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
#2 almost had the look of a "stick-tail". The first one had her ugly on, for sure.