Brass Catcher

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I get asked several times a month about what brass catcher I use on my rifle. It's a tactical brass recovery bag http://www.tacticalbrassrecovery.com/. I have the older model they have many new styles now to fit different weapons. I cannot recommend this brass catcher enough its tough, it works, and you can still clear malfunctions. The owner is ex military and a stand up guy.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
looks great. I don't reload but I don't like to lose brass.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I need to get something like that for my 6.8. I'm sick of chasing brass

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How do you think this compares to the one on 6.8 in the group buy?

Ident Marking

Rockwall, Texas
Vendor
TLM pointed me to these a while back and have been running one for about 2 years and these are great. I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a brass catcher!!

-hd

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just from looking at that thread I would say they don't even compare.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I e-mailed him yesterday about the LEO discount. He responded back quick and thanked me for my service. Seems like my kind of people.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB

That brass catcher looks like it might be lighter in weight, but it is lacking in other more important areas.

For example, the mounting bracket/rail mount is just a piece of kydex that snaps over the rail. This will flex and give with time and/or anytime it is drug through brush, caught on a truck door, etc. Another issue I have with it is that the only mounting position available is the top rail. My eotechs are in the way and I require a side mount. Also, the different length frames are not available to accommodate forearms that don't have mounting areas all the way back to the reciever (not an issue with top mounts, but will be if side mount becomes available).

Maybe these things will be corrected in the future and the product will be improved. For now,I'm stocking with the TBR unit.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Okay, gotta try one. If T & A say it is righteous and sturdy, I have to believe them.

Of course, the first thing I will do with mine is to see how it works with Kitkats in it.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those look to be more of a range brass catcher. I think he just made a limited run of those for 6.8 forum members anyways.

I've had several different brass catchers none have compared to the TBC. I really want one of the new ones that flips out.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I haven't seen the flip out ones yet. I have seen the quick mount version and it is much better then the older version with the modified scope ring.

Is it odd that my mind wonders when I see "T and A"? I was trying to figure out how t&a was relevant to this thread and then I realized texaslawman and I are T&A. LOL!

Back on topic

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, too funny, true T&A Men!

Ident Marking

Rockwall, Texas
Vendor
Not only are these the best bass catcher on the market, their customer service is excellent!. After beating mine up for 2 years I broke an small tab on it. Contacted TBR and they said send it in. the day mine got there they sent the new one out free of charge.

-hd

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just cannot give that much for a brass catcher, I guess if I shot or lost more in the field it would matter. I know where I shot the last shot at and if I don't see the brass I just take the metal detector out next work day and pick it up.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh I know it pays for you guys but for me I don't shoot 400 times a year hunting...just talking for myself here...

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Not only are these the best bass catcher on the market,
-hd

I live on a lake, I would love to have one of these "best BASS catchers". Lol.

BTW, Its good to see Aafalex1 back. I thought you got deployed or something.