Br gang traveled south

cletus

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_1851.JPG IMG_0277.JPG IMG_0272.JPG IMG_0275.JPG IMG_0257.JPG IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0266.JPG IMG_0282.JPG IMG_0260.JPG IMG_0261.JPG Last Thursday morning the Br gang loaded up in the motor wagon and head south with a couple extra deputized members to a friends deer lease that has a few swine on it. After a 9 hour drive we landed at our destination. We cooked crab legs and shrimp took a couple hour nap started hunting about 8:30 the wind absolutely killed us the first night trying to find hogs ended up with 10 the first night with some intel I was fully confident about Friday nights outing. So Friday evening after a ribeye and a Jack and coke for dessert we started a adventure that will be hard to match in the piney woods we have to hunt in day in and day out. After a couple single boars were spotted and scared the hell out of we finally got to the spot that I wanted to be at "The Turkey Roost"!This is where it got in pig Latin terms Alittle western! The brush was about waist high and full of pigs there was over 200 rounds fired at the turkey roost that morning not for sure exactly how many died but there was none left in the brush rooting when the smoke cleared we confirmed 25 but the brush and rattlesnake sightings kept us from finding the rest. Saturday evening brought the north wind and truck trouble we had to swap trucks the new truck was called the wart hog but it would only sit 3 shooters me dubbs and Si got the opportunity to go out the first three hogs were all sus material all three were hit but mine was the only one to stay out of the thick brush. We also shot another big hog but bdumb didn't bring his tape. Good time good trip I feel like DJ out of bullets!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What a trip!! Sounds like it was worth the drive. Nothing like good fellowship with a good hunt.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some big hogs down ... congrats to the gang!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's a pretty rough looking bunch! Sounds like they were rough on the hogs, too. Nice going.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I see by the tall boots everyone is sporting that there were a few snakes rumored to be around. Nice Hogs!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
looked like fun and tons of shooting..we need video!

cletus

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My recorder give up. Dubbs has some footage that will be quiet humorous. Lol

D

djones

IMG_0260.JPG did roro get these?

sounds like y'all were close enough to the border you should have gone into meh he ho for some mezcal at the cantina

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good lord, can anyone spell rednekk? am i the only one hearing banjos?
I HOPE you can hear banjos... yer pluckin' the strings from the porch.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Let the bodies hit the floor... let the bodies hit the floor...

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice hunt, but even mo' betta is the way you guys eat when you go hunting. I could get used to that.