Books about NV/Thermal?

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Any books on the subject out there?

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Books !!?? Any time you would spend reading a book about NV might be better spent DOING NV outside !!! :D

There are some internet articles about the history of nv, those are interesting first time through ....

I've never seen an NV training manual ... but Aaron wrote a "tips" thread which is stickied above ... definitely worth a read ... or three ...

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thought there might be a book about nv history and dev. I mean I have a book about the Johnson rifle. I have a book about the development of the MAS series of French semiauto rifles. And they're are no books about NV and the history of NV? And the pvs manual sucks for the most part. I know the info is online in multiple places. Just wondered if there were any books.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's a virtual book Taco. It just exists out there somewhere in the cloud, gotta tap into it.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hey, I know all about the cloud. But, you have to fly to get to it, you can't reach it from the ground. That's just fog.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Taco wants to thumb through a night vision tome whilst sitting in the parlor wearing his smoking jacket and sipping brandy. Aaron every time you sell a pvs14 or whatever I'd wager a guy would buy a really well don $40 book on nv and thermal. Pics of past and current gov models, capabilities of each, etc.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Well as the to the "virtual book" you are already here ... this site is the high end of info on civilian use of nv/thermal ... so put on your smokin' jacket, grab your brandy and read these pages !!!! :)

History is out there, google for it ... but for current ... and now ... this is the place ... (unless you like to toss your cookies often ... then you could check out the less useful ar-15 shack ... :D )

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
There is a place for a nv book, I think. Read all the faqs. I'm fine with my collection. A good book has value. I still read books. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
I love reading books. If there was a good NV book, I'd buy it. There is a NV book out there but it is written by a pompous guy that has "puffed up" his background to make himself look all high speed, when in fact he's never been in gun fight, let alone with night vision on.....so I won't spend my money on it....or his DVDs.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You're the guy to do it Aaron. It's not like you really have anything else on your plate.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
First of all,seperate NV from thermal. They are two completely different things. They work differently,they are used differently,you even hunt with them differently.

Read up on them all you want. Reading and learning is a good thing. Then ....... like college,pick one(something)and stick with it.

Finally .... once you know the basics,there is absolutely no better way to learn than talking to someone that is not a bullshitter with an aganda. Find one and pick their brain. Let them teach you from their expierances. Same for getting into reloading ammo.--- pruhdlr

Delta4-3

LSB Member
Vendor
You're the guy to do it Aaron. It's not like you really have anything else on your plate.
Haha!
It would be a really hard read if I wrote it. With an attention span of a 2 year old, it would bounce all over the place from night vision, to nose picking, to thermals.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It's like this, I have AR rifles and know how to shoot them and wrench on them. I still like reading the collector grade publications book 'The black rifle,' as well as their titles dealing with the K98k, m1 carbine, the g43, and so on. Simple question......and there is no such animal. That's it.