Bond Arms: Snake Slayer

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Been dealing with an itch for a while now. About a year or so ago, a good friend of mine snagged one of these up: .45Colt/.410 shot shell. Nice shooting (for a hand cannon).

Santa was nice to me this year, and Tuesday netted me a trip to Cabelas. And, one followed me home. Mine is also the Snake Slayer, in .45Colt/.410 shot shell (chambered in 3").

The fit/finish is very nice... and, made in the Great State of Texas to boot !! With a photo copy of my receipt, and a e-form filled out, I can get a spare barrel for 50% off! All of their barrels/calibers interchange onto both sized frames, and the two sizes of grips will fit on either sized frame too. I'm thinking a .357/.38 barrel as my second one. the .22lr and .22mag do not qualify for the 50% off special.

BondArmsSnakeSlayer_zpshtsbx1aw.jpg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That there is one sweet looking firearms!! It looks very nice. Reminds me of the old 66-4s from S&W.

Hand cannon is right, Let us know how it feels when SHOT!! Oh ya, and God Bless Texas! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
In this caliber, it's a handful when you torch it off, but, not bad. This one's the 3.5" barrel.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those are very cool and a guy should have one just because! Nice choice.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sweet toy RD! Those are nice looking guns. The first instructor I had in my concealed carry class carried one in his back pocket loaded with .410 buck shot loads and a pair of .45 LC rounds in his watch pocket. He figured if he needed more than that he was screwed anyway.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've just always liked/wanted a Derringer. Options, with the ability to have more than just a .22lr appeals to me... a LOT.

Rappland

LSB Member
My buddy got the Taurus Judge in same caliber. It has 5 round capacity. Yours looks way nicer and employs Texans. I've wanted one for several years but can't justify the cost. With 2 kids and a warden wife, I have to chose wisely when spending money because she doesn't let me have a lot, thankfully. How does it shoot?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My buddy got the Taurus Judge in same caliber. It has 5 round capacity. Yours looks way nicer and employs Texans. I've wanted one for several years but can't justify the cost. With 2 kids and a warden wife, I have to chose wisely when spending money because she doesn't let me have a lot, thankfully. How does it shoot?
It's exactly what I expect it to be, a barking handful of nastiness for anything on the receiving end. It's a joy to carry. And it's not a long-range target shooter. It's an arm's length dose of predator control.

Fit and finish are quite nice, and the versatility of the platform is another great feature. Any of their calibers/barrel lengths will swap over with removal of a single screw (pivot point for the action).

Not one single regret for this purchase, and, it's generally with me after work. It may become a work companion as well.