Boar hunting in Brazil

Andre Lopes

Boar Hunter from Southern Brazil
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hello friends, thank you for the welcome!
First, a brief introduction about the hunting in Brazil.
The state of Rio Grande do Sul is the southernmost state of Brazil, bordering the east by the Atlantic Ocean, to the south by Uruguay, and west with Argentina. Unlike the rest of the country, the climate here is not tropical. We even have snow in the winter! At this time, for example, the temperature is around 2 ° C!
I have a holding area for 90 Km away from my hometown, where I do my hunting. In Brazil, they practice hunting wild boar in two ways: with dogs and blinds next to a place where preparing a feeder. I hunt in a blind.
My hunting place:

That's me in the blind:

My feeder, through the riflescope:

My first little hog:

My first little hog, turned into BBQ:

soon bring more pictures and information to you!

As my friend Brian, Carpe Sus!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gorgeous countryside where you hunt. Nice shot placement... looks to be some fine eating simmering over the coals too.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
looks like a great place to hunt. good job. cant wait to see more

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Beautiful land, there. What rifle are you shooting for hogs? Wow 36*? we are 33*c this time of year. It will be Dec or Jan before we get as cool as you now.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have to ask. Which method do you use to remove the hair from the hide. I have just skinned all mine to date but really want to do one whole with the skin on.

Nice scenery and wish we had some of your weather here about now.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are doing some of the same things I am at my lease. the fence is to keep the cattle out of your corn? Do you hunt at night and what gear do you use?? Have you tried a roll barrel or pig pipe?

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Currently I have three rifles and one shotgun:
A Custom Remington 700, 308 Win Caliber with Leupold riflescope and buttstock AICS. Normally I use in competitions, despite being away from shooting events long ago.
The another rifle that I rode in style Center Thompson / Contender caliber 30-30 Win.
But at the time, the rifle I have used in my hunting is a CZ 243 Win caliber.
My shotgun is a HK semiauto 12 Ga

My Remington 700

My 30-30 Win Homemade

My CZ ZKK 601 Model 243 Win
[URL=http://s155.photobucket.com/user/adlop/media/zkk601.jpg.html]

My HK

See you soon friends![/URL]

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice setup! I too am very interested in how you get the hair off the hog without skinning it? Boiled?

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
My dear new friends!
I will answer some questions.
Indeed, the fence is to prevent the cattle eat the corn will spread on the floor.
I usually hunt at night. My equipment for hunting at night are: flashlight and / or ND3. In Brazil, unfortunately, is strictly prohibited to use night vision equipment. Then I use a wireless presence sensor attached to the fence, let me know if you got something in the feeder on very dark nights. One thing that helps me is also my gane camera has flash, then it also alerts me.

How to remove hair, here we use the technique of shaving with a sharp blade. Pour boiling water into the skin of hogs and after shave. But it is quite laborious!

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you for the reply. Sounds like a big job. Still want to try it sometime. Think I will start small.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL very small like a piglet!

Do you use the new cree leds for flashlights? Is your voltage at home 110V..Since many of us use AR's to hunt and rails to mount lights and lasers on how do you do it? I sure do like that competition 308!!

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LOL very small like a piglet!

Do you use the new cree leds for flashlights? Is your voltage at home 110V..Since many of us use AR's to hunt and rails to mount lights and lasers on how do you do it? I sure do like that competition 308!!
If you look at the picture when I'm inside the house, you can see that my flashlight is stuck on the riflescope. The flashlight has a button that turns on the back and I can press it with my thumb. I do the same with ND3. And yes, i use cree leds for flashlights.
My voltage here is 220V.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, I see it now, I use the same type of light red and green. Have you ever tried the solar powered motion lights at your feeders? Looks like it could work well for you. Pretty interesting how others hog hunt!

Andre Lopes

SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't believe I had seen the Remington. Very nice!
Hello Brian!
The Remington rifle is my pet ... to remember my old days in the Brazilian Marine Corps!
Oh, and thank you for introducing me to this site! The staff welcomed me very well and everyone is really cool!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice and certainly beautiful country. Welcome aboard!!