Blood trails stops after hog burrows in dirt

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
I was at a property we call "The Cove". A wooded area that surrounds a lake cove. It has massive hogs on it but being heavily wooded it is very difficult to get them. I was stalking through heavy growth and got a sounder up, they stood there to see what was going on. I could see a large hog through all the brush. It was not a great shot only 35-50 feet but the vines and branches were blocking my site. I knew I could hit it so I shot. It went down screaming but after a few seconds it got up and bolted. I followed the blood trail until it ended after the hog burrowed into the dirt and covered the wound. I searched the area for 30-45 minutes but was unable to recover the hog. I kept thinking I would find it, it was losing so much blood. Damn things are tough.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That’s a hell of a good blood trail. They can soak up a lot of punishment and keep going. I bet the buzzards will help you find him in a day or two.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, I think he's piled up somewhere. Buzzard feed. Fun tracking video.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Neat video! He lost a lot of blood. When you find him you should name him Timex!

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
That is a heck of a blood trail. I found a big boar that I shot (double lung) within about 40 yards from when he started bleeding like that.

My bet is that you probably walked pretty close by him at least once.

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
That is a heck of a blood trail. I found a big boar that I shot (double lung) within about 40 yards from when he started bleeding like that.

My bet is that you probably walked pretty close by him at least once.
I searched for almost an hour after the blood trail stopped. I could see the ground really well, nowhere to hide. Nothing. It just wore me out to.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have seen black bear do the same thing. They will actually pack the wound with green moss.
That hog was minus a bunch of blood. He was most likely dead by the time you got home.
Try going back to look for turkey vultures or crows going to ground. Would be interesting to see how far he really went. --- pruhdlr