Bison Armory 6.8 recon bsp 11.5" questions...

Bison recon bsp 11.5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Just_me_mongo

Where's the piggiez?
I am wanting to build a short barrel upper with this barrel. Anyone know if this barrel will work well with a 762 spec war can?

I know its a 5/8 x 24 thread, but will it function well with supersonic loads?

I am hoping Texas law man (and others) can fill me in!

Thanks!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have the 8.5" and it is great the 11.5 is a much better option and will suit your needs. Also to consider is the *** 12.5

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I also have a Bison 8.5" pistol I built. It's not the "BSP" (1:7 twist), but the conventional 1:11 twist. It'll have the SPC II chamber. The BSP was originally designed for sub-sonic loads, however, it reportedly works well with super-sonic loads also.

I can't speak for the can usage (don't own one). Should be no issues with sub-sonic loads and the reduced pressure. Super-sonic loads for the 6.8 tend to be with a faster burn rate powder, so you shouldn't be getting the big fireball from the muzzle.

If you don't intend to do sub-sonic shooting... I too would suggest you consider the *** 12.5" barrel. The mid-length gas used with it will be softer on the hardware when shot.

I have a 16" *** carbine, and my pistol in 6.8 is the Bison barrel.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My brother in law has an 11.5 bison barrel on his 6.8 and he is waiting on his spec war 7.62. I know he's happy with his 6.8 and 120SSTs. And I'm sure he did his research before deciding on the specwar.

Just_me_mongo

Where's the piggiez?
The *** 12.5" is a 1/11.25 twist...will that shoot 120gr bullets? I had a (6.8 spcii) yhm 10.5" barrel in 1/10 twist & it did not like 115gr bullets very well....

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I have the 11.5" BSP barrel, will function with either subs or supers suppressed with a 30 Cal can and here is a video with both using the saker 762. I'm sure the spec war can will work equally as well.

One suggestion is to put an adjustable gas block, then you can fine tune. I shoot mine with a 30 Cal can.

Last edited:

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The *** 12.5" is a 1/11.25 twist...will that shoot 120gr bullets? I had a (6.8 spcii) yhm 10.5" barrel in 1/10 twist & it did not like 115gr bullets very well....
Yes it will. I can get 1MOA at 100 yards out of my *** 12.5" with 120 SST's.