Big Black Nasty

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Finally got out...went to my tree stand on the horse ranch I frequent. Just to get out, there has been no hog sign in quite a while but it beats sitting at home and my new gal is in Florida.
1/2 hour set when just before it's too dark to shoot this 200# Boar is walking across the neighbors field about 200 yds away or more. He is headed kind of towards me, so I wait and hope he continues on his path. He is probably 80 yds away and stops, quartering towards me, right between a couple branches....so perfect. I pick out what I believe is center mass of his head and dump him. He does the shuffle after a bit and he gets another through the jaw for good measure.
I had to drag him about a 70 yds and he was heavy. The neighbor is a nice guy but wanted the carcass on my side of the fence so there wouldn't be any complaints.200 pound Boar Hog 003.JPG 200 pound Boar Hog 003.JPG 200 pound Boar Hog 005.JPG I measured him at 40". I went to take the back straps and almost could not cut his hide, unbelievably tough so I scratched that idea and cut his head off although he took the first shot in the ear and 1 in the jaw should make a good European mount.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice Dan, looks like maybe some decent cutters for a skull mount. Pretty hog, looks every bit of 200#

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
way to go DAN!! nice boar

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Burly chested buster there ! Congrats on that shot. Lovin' that 6.8 yet?

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big un!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job, that should mount well!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Burly chested buster there ! Congrats on that shot. Lovin' that 6.8 yet?
The 6.8 rocks, there is a different level of confidence with it over the 556 for me. That and retraining myself to take head shots and not shoulder shots.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's a big ole nasty looking guy! Nice going Dan. I would have hated to have to drag him that far.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great hog Dan. From the looks of that deep chest, I would have guessed the tape measurement would be more than 40".
Good job!

Dennis

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great hog Dan. From the looks of that deep chest, I would have guessed the tape measurement would be more than 40".
Good job!

Dennis
I thought he was going to big bigger too. His legs were huge, I was laughing as I was dragging him because I could hardly get a grip on his ankles( do they have ankles?) lol

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice hog and sounds like a good hunt

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dan the man way to go!!! Big solid muscular guy... pretty good lookin boar too

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He definitely had some shoulder to him. Great shooting.