Big Bend Mule deer hunt.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My boss owns a small house and some property on the Terlingua Ranch down by Big Bend. We usually go down there once a year to explore, shoot, and hunt.

The house is on the top of a large mesa and there is a straight drop several hundred feet down. While exploring this edge and taking in the awesome views I found a game trail coming from down below. Now this trail came up right on one of the highest points and steepest drops. Everyone told me it was a small animal rodent trail no deer would be coming up that way. Here is the point.

And here is the view from below notice the straight wall of rock to the right behind us!

At sun up opening day I was sitting on a boulder watching my "rodent" trail. Not even an hour into the hunt I had my first and only mule deer!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang... that thing taste like goat? Sure acted like one.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Beautiful country out there. Been riding there but never hunted. Saw lots of yotes at night and I think there was a bobcat in my camp at night.

Great story

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang... that thing taste like goat? Sure acted like one.

No I processed him myself it was very good meat! Or zesty!!!! As some would say!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Beautiful country out there. Been riding there but never hunted. Saw lots of yotes at night and I think there was a bobcat in my camp at night.

Great story
Did a ton of coyote hunting out there! Turn on the foxpro and they were racing in trying to beat each other to the call! Learned a lot about yotes out there by setting up the call on one hill, then sitting on the next. You could watch how they tried to wind the call since its rifle country and you can see forever!

Here is a little video I made from one of our trips down there. The first 1min 25 seconds is a time lapse of the sunrise if it looks like nothing is happening lol.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
'Yotes are definitely an inktristink critter. Settin' your call upwind a ways is a good plan of attack with 'em . I'd like to do me some 'yote bustin'... my caribou gun would be perfect on 'em. Remington 700 ADL in .22-250