Best Batteries????

SuperMinOkla

I jumped off on a new thermal and now I have a question about the best batteries. Looking for advice on CR123. Who makes the best?? Are re-chargeable worth it?? Thanks

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've had best luck with everedy energizers lithium. Just over a dollar each if you buy 50 or more from battery junction.

LSB Active Member
Chopper what are you running these in and what kind of time do you get out of them? I've got about 10 more hunts left on my bulk batts maybe I need to try the Energizers? The DuraCells were nuts they were like 3 bucks a piece at CVS for a couple of weeks til these got off backorder....nuts!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If you have to buy locally, I found that Lowes has pretty good prices. Somewhere around $1.50 for 6 pr 12. I'm using them in a Pulsar RXQ30V like yours and a MK II 35mm. The MK II has a battery extender for 3 batts and I get about 8 hours with it. The Pulsar is used for scanning and I usually turn it off when not scanning and two hav lasted for as many as three hunts of 4 to 6 hours. But that is not how long the scope was actually on. I have used the Titaniums an noticed a big difference between them and the energizers. In fact, I still have some and just used them in my lights.

LSB Active Member
Ok this is good info I will try some Energizers this time. My 3-4 hour time is constant loop.....pull in the gate it gets turned on....head out gate shut down. Thanks

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
When I get down the the Tampa area in May I can come out and help you try them out. lol

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Before I went with the USB battery setup, I tried the Titaniums. Bought a box of 50 for $50 through Battery Junction. They would last 2 - 2.5 hours in my Zeus. I had better luck with the Surefire, getting right at 3 hours of continuous use. About double the price though. The good thing was that Lowes carries them.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have been using the same ones that 437 linked in his post #2 above. From the same place also.
I buy them in bulk and usually split them with my hunting buddy.
I have got them for as little as $.96 each buying 50 at a time. Fast shipping and no tax also. --- pruhdlr

LSB Active Member
When I get down the the Tampa area in May I can come out and help you try them out. lol
Man I'd love to, but used up all my guest passes and my lease term isn't up til the end of May. As a matter of fact I used my last guest pass with Myron Morrow back in January otherwise I would have you out dangit!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lol. I wasn’t serious. I won’t have a lot of time this trip. My son lives in Spring Hill but is getting married in Key West. Our time in Spring Hill will mostly be stop-over and go. But thanks for considering it.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I am all in on Titanium Innovations from Battery Junction ... I buy by the 200 count ... for under $1 per battery ...
I use rechargables for some items like LRF, but not for thermal scopes/clipons. I use rechargable USBs for head mounted thermals. Though I am looking for a different USB. The one I got from UNV with the IRD kit has a "start up" thing, where I have to "shake it" to get it to work. With it on my helmet in a velcro pouch that means I risk making noise to start up the battery.
I am looking for one that I can start up with no noise.

LSB Active Member
Lol. I wasn’t serious. I won’t have a lot of time this trip. My son lives in Spring Hill but is getting married in Key West. Our time in Spring Hill will mostly be stop-over and go. But thanks for considering it.
Absolutely I'd of loved to have another LSB'er out just ate up my passes during deer season. Have a nice trip it's great down here right now