Basic Lesson...

DennisB

SUS VENATOR CLUB
...learned the hard way. I kept wondering how come I had lots of pigs in the trap on camera, but only 2 or 3 when I showed up. One picture and it dawned on me: cover the top of the darn saloon door frame too!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Aren't those hog panels about 4' high? They jump better than I thought they might.

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Who said pigs don't fly? Dang I had no idea they could get that much air.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Can go as high as 6' but they generally climb out the corners, 2 sides to work with, my buddy bends the wire inward and covers the corners and gate.

We build all our traps in a circle now, I've pulled up and found them building a pig-pyramid in a corner and letting their buddies climb up and out.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Guys in GA I saw use corral traps like that, put a feeder inside, let the hogs feed till the entire sounder goes in. They have a remote control gate on an IP address, they watch by live camera and close the trap from wherever they are at the time.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah they hire out to eradicate, have all the toys, do several states and a web page. I won't let them near my lease and don't pass on their name...LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Guys in GA I saw use corral traps like that, put a feeder inside, let the hogs feed till the entire sounder goes in. They have a remote control gate on an IP address, they watch by live camera and close the trap from wherever they are at the time.

This is what they have on the big East Texas ranch I hunt.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
hogdini in action

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I had the sow below in this trap and she jumped out. We had an upper wire to keep them from jumping out and they would flatten it out when they went over like TLM posted in pics above..

149316407.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
she is getting fed really well!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
too funny!

I picture that with wings and the snout in the air

vern, you got something you need to tell us?