Badger and the Wife of Stupid Chad

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
For those of you who are new here and for you older folks with a memory not as sharp as in the good old days, I would like to direct you to a previous thread about a hunt I went on with Alex and "Stupid Chad." It was Thanksgiving weekend, cold, with rain, sleet, and snow. I drove two hours up to hunt with these folks and nearly 3 hours home in the deteriorating weather.

Thanksgiving Two and Stupid Chad | Lone Star Boars

It was a great time and I had time to write the "Ballad of Stupid Chad." It is a completely true story, just in junior high prose, a story of Stupid Chad's antics with boar and in particular, with a badger. Try as he might, Stupid Chad could not shoot a badger.

Well, two nights ago, I had the opportunity to hunt with Dave on some new properties in north Texas and Stupid Chad could not come, so Dave asked if his wife, Erica, could come along. Chad was cool with that and Erica thought it was a great idea. After getting to know Erica, I decided that Stupid Chad wasn't so stupid after all.

Conditions were absolutely horrible. We had 1500 acres of recently planted wheat fields and a cold front came in with sustained 25-35 mph winds, resulting in sandstorms across the big fields. While hogs had been rooting the fields and we saw plenty of sign, apparently they were hunkered down in the safety and comfort of the river bottom next door. We saw zero hogs. However, during the course of the evening, we did spot an elusive badger and Erica managed to do what Stupid Chad could not. This video is about Erica's hunt that bested Stupid Chad.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wow, nice!
I've lived in Texas most of my life, and I have yet to see a badger.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good badger down! I've never seen one while hunting ... maybe some day.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad I don’t get sea sick!! Nice shootin, that looked like a decent stinkin badger though. They are one of the toughest critters I have ever seen. BANG BANG!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Look at Brian making a joke!! Lol