Bacon8tor here

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hello LSB'ers.

New guy here from the Houston area. Began hog hunting about a year and a half ago and haven't looked back since. Over the last year or so I've been watching every hog hunting video I could find while also researching thermal scopes. My ATN X-Sight just wasn't cutting it. That research led me here and its been an invaluable source of information and a great place to view everybodys hunting adventures.

Recently picked up a Zeus from ******** the Big Red Dog thanks to the recommendations on the forum. Great guy to deal with. I nailed a Sus Venator worthy hog on my first night out with it! Currently using a pieced together AR10 in .308 and having good results.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences and videos/pictures with you guys. Cheers!

IMG_0395.JPG Photo Dec 28, 9 02 04 PM.jpg IMG_1064.JPG

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
******** is the go to guy for all things thermal, glad he helped you up. Welcome to the forum.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Bacon Man! Nice hogs and nice setup! Look forward to more pics and kills.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Ignore a guy named DJ on here. He is pissed that Bravo declined to run a spin off show staring him based on I am Kate.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray. Fine hog there. Congrats on the new rig for your rifle too.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome from Houston!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
howdy bacon hater. good hog there, but if you think it's going to get you a sus banner, forget it. banners are harder to come by than scrambler's kill pics!!
Uhhh.... MEANINGFUL banners, that is.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome!

Was that you in a certain BBQ parking lot getting your fix? If so, it was good to meet you....

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks all for the welcomes.

Very aware of Dj and team oinks antics. Will carefully steer clear for the time being!

Oso yeah that was me getting my thermal fix haha. You were right about the things you can see in the dark with thermal. Whole nother world out there. How are you liking your MkIII I think you said it was?

By the way check out the hunting videos section for my first thermal hunt recording.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks all for the welcomes.

Very aware of Dj and team oinks antics. Will carefully steer clear for the time being!

Oso yeah that was me getting my thermal fix haha. You were right about the things you can see in the dark with thermal. Whole nother world out there. How are you liking your MkIII I think you said it was?

By the way check out the hunting videos section for my first thermal hunt recording.
Unfortunately I was just picking up that scanner for a buddy. I've got the 35mm mk3, but that scanner is too cool!

It really is a whole nother world looking through thermal........ enjoy your new super power!!

D

djones

... Very aware of Dj and team oinks antics. Will carefully steer clear for the time being!
bacon raker, not that it matters now, but you may want to know that team OinK was looking for a new lsb member to take on last night's hunt. we had narrowed our search to those whose screen names started with 'B'. i'll just leave it at that.

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
welcome!! careful with DJ, he justs wants someone to kill pigs so he can take his picture with them and show them off to the local painted ladies trying to score!

D

djones

welcome!! careful with DJ, he justs wants someone to kill pigs so he can take his picture with them and show them off to the local painted ladies trying to score!
you say that like it's a bad thing
confused2_zpsgael4k1b.gif

you got any better ideas on how to score???