Back in action

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So we finally got Cletus distracted from mallards enough to burn a kitchen pass on a pig hunt! I met BR this afternoon and fine tuned rifles and by the time we got back to the study hall Cletus had the peanuts warming up for teal boobies and backstrap... we got our bellies full and eased on toward the killing field picking up RoRo along the way. We never know where they are going to be in this bottom so we parked a couple hundred yards from the gate and got everything ready to go. Cletus and I slipped on up to the gate and there was only one lone boar out digging. Sent a txt to BR and got the truck inside the gate and started the stalk. Cletus and RoRo made the final approach, but as they were setting up in the sticks the masses started flooding in lol Sounder after sounder piled in until there was over 100 hogs in the bottom. Cletus and RoRo slid back to us and we made a new plan and the stalk was back on. The pigs were scattered all over the bottom so we just made a stalk to the closest sounder and set up. We got the sows and a couple boar hogs down and was working on the footballs when a large boar came across the back of the bottom... me, Cletus, and BR switched our attention to him as RoRo continued laying waste to the pigs. The boar was over 300 yards away and getting out of there, but one of us managed to stick a SST in his ear ( it was such a fine shot it was most likely me) we picked up the ones we could get to or drag to where we could get to and had 12 to drag off. We strapped the ones worth it and piled everything up for the buzzards and yotes... hopefully Cletus can get another pass first of next week so we can pay em another visit!IMG_0201.JPG

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that sounds like a good time!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll bet there was a lot of ear tugging going on there, by the attack dog too. Good haul fellers.

D

djones

... one of us managed to stick a SST in his ear ( it was such a fine shot it was most likely me)
looks like powder burns on his neck and scorched hair in his ear?? you sure that wasn't a finishing shot?

couple more things...
why is gus sniffing cletus' fingers?
why aren't you guys videoing these hunts?
why is roro's truck all smashed up?

roropigs.jpg

cletus

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A better question DJ is why is Cletus the only one with a Knife? The video editor is definitely way behind but work has me to busy to edit out all the heavy breathing. IMG_2656.JPG

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice job guys. Looks like you have targets for quite a while.

DRowan

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
looks like powder burns on his neck and scorched hair in his ear?? you sure that wasn't a finishing shot?

couple more things...

View attachment 4486
LOVE IT!!!

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

couple more things...

View attachment 4486
Cletus and I both got great video, but he is our tech support and don't know when he may get around to posting them... it generally takes an act of congress to get him to do anything... poor Mojo was walking down the ditch kicking tin cans so we figured we'd take him along to help his little feelings lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good job guys you make us proud!!