Audio Earmuffs

jglass

LSB Member
Like most people that are 66 I have some hearing loss. Some loss is partly old age but mostly from spending
time with things that go "BANG". While I hog hunt from a tree stand at night I enjoy listening to all the sounds that come from the jungle. I have been using a small hearing aid I purchased from Harbor Freight.
It only cost $8 and I have used it countless times over 2 years and it seems to work. I tried listening to the TV with it one night and learned the audio quality is not real good.

What do you recommend when you're hunting? Thanks, Jim

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Silence is Golden

jglass

LSB Member
Silence is Golden

Yes it is but if there is a hog 25' from my blind I would like to hear them. My hog hunting club is comprised of senior citizens. We form hunting teems by pairing up and seniors that can see with seniors that can hear. Dan, when you get older you will know what I mean. :)

chthump

LSB Member
I gave up on my ears years ago. I tried hearing aids a few years ago. I got way to much sensory overload.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes it is but if there is a hog 25' from my blind I would like to hear them. My hog hunting club is comprised of senior citizens. We form hunting teems by pairing up and seniors that can see with seniors that can hear. Dan, when you get older you will know what I mean. :)
Yes sir, I was just kidding with you. It is just that I like it quiet when possible. No real recommendations from me. I tried some off those "knock off" Walkers game ears once and they were impressive.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
D

djones

Take a look at these electronic ears from Pro Ears Gold
i like these because they had the longest warranty, which they honored to replace worn out cushions. fyi... all e-muffs will be obnoxious when the wind picks up.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't know about electronic muffs that really help overcome hearing loss. My buddy & I use some cheap ones that have a mini jack into which we plug some FRS radios. That way we can split up if appropriate but stay in contact. A quick click of the mic button gets attention without making noise when we want to alert the other to something, then we can use hand signals.