ATN Shot Trak camera

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Had this little unit on order about 2 months and it arrived last week. I haven't taken it hunting yet, but have mounted it on my rifle and played with it a little. The video quality & sound seem really good for a $100 HD video camera. I'm not going to give a "thumbs up" until I actually use it hunting this winter and see how it does...BUT it's very small, very light, and easy to operate (2 position switch).

The lens is a fixed 5x optical which is advantageous for guys like us over using a wide angle GoPro which may miss the details of a shot 100+ yards out. We'll see how it works and I'll let y'all know!

IMG_20140719_114656_zps70248765.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow can you just give us some test video??? Like tracking a running dog or something??

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does it film at night or just day?

Last edited:

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes by all means film something and post it up. That looks sweet.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I shot a very short video yesterday to give y'all an idea. Sorry the footage is a little shaky and towards the end my finger got in front of the lens...all part of the learning curve here!

What I think about it so far. It's $100 gun mounted video camera. It's very simple, no live feedback on filming except a red light indicating the camera is recording. It uses mini SD cards and a single CR123 battery. Life on the battery is estimated at 2hrs record time. I only put in a 8GB card and the 36 second video I shot used up 46MB. Getting the mini SD card in & out of the unit is not the easiest. But as I said before, it's a mostly unobtrusive $100 camera.

It records files as .MOV, which I noticed when trying to open with Windows Media Player did not retain the sound. Using Quicktime was no issue. I used Photobucket to upload b/c my YouTube channel is a dedicated specialty channel.

P1030917_zps22c8ce5f.jpg

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like fairly decent video quality for a $100 camera, also sound recording seems to be pretty decent as well.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looks good.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
but only good for daytime unless looking thru a NV eyepiece? How would you use it shooting and getting video at night?

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't think it was ever intended to be used at night

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
we may squeeze in some hog hunting next month, so I'll see how it does in low-light at dusk.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
NICE!! And at a pricepoint even I can afford. It would be good for impact shots and to look back on suspected misses or bad shots to see where you actually hit.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So you got the one without the red laser?

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
yes mine is the one w/out the laser. Some might really like the laser, but I like my rifle as KISS as possible, the Trijicon is all the aiming I need.

If anybody gets the one w/ the laser I'd love to hear how it is.