ATN or Pulsar?

Discussion in 'Night Vision/Thermal' started by Chandler Price, Jun 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Chandler Price

Chandler Price New Member

I am new to the thermal game but looking to buy a scope soon. I have talked to some friends and they say to either go Pulsar or ATN. I know ATN had a bad reputation for a while and Pulsar has always been a solid option. I'm only looking to kill hogs at 100 yards max in south Louisiana so I don't need anything with huge zoom. I'm looking at the ATN Thor 4 384 1.25-5x and the Thermion XQ38. Which one would y'all recommend?

2. diggler1833

diggler1833 LSB Active Member

Your third sentence basically answers your question boss. Truth is, it hasn't become any better. However, for the sake of listing one; Pulsar hands down.

3. der Teufel

der Teufel Livin' the Dream … SUS VENATOR CLUB

What he said.

diggler1833 and scrmblr1982cj8 like this.
  4. Rookie

Rookie LSB Member

Look at Bering Optics Hogster-r

5. havoc1300

havoc1300 LSB Member

AGM is new to the market

6. Jack M

Jack M The Student

You need to ask yourself the question 'how often am I going to use it?'. When I first started hog hunting almost 2 years ago, with absolutely no knowledge, I made the decision to get into the thermal game and purchased the ATN Thor HD 2x. The price was very attractive at $2300. It was the perfect scope for me. But after using it EVERY single day things started happening with it. I sent it back in for warranty 3 times within the first 6 months. After receiving it back from warranty I was looking at a group of pigs through it and then nothing. Black screen. Sent it back for the 4th time. And while waiting for the repairs to be made I started watching and reading reviews on pulsar. About a week later I decided to pull the trigger on the new pulsar xq38LRF. It was $4300 at the time! But I will tell you it was worth every penny. Now I use my atn and a bargaining deal to let me hunt on people's land. So here's my 2 cents.... If you are going to be hunting a couple nights out of the week then get the ATN, but if you plan on hunting hard every night then I would save for the pulsar. Pulsar is hands down a better option then atn. Hands down. Good luck

Brian Shaffer likes this.