Ask Armasight direct.

Discussion in 'ARMASIGHT' started by TEXASLAWMAN, Jun 7, 2016.

1. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN TEXAS LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

Aramasight will assign a representative to monitor this section and answer your questions directly.

Homebrewer and Curly Shuffle like this.
  2. Curly Shuffle

Curly Shuffle LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

That is awful nice of them. Some folks are going to be happy with that. BANG BANG!!

3. Curly Shuffle

Guess this will be ask FLIR A Question now?? BANG BANG!!

4. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN TEXAS LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

It's still being decided if the Armasight name will stay.

Curly Shuffle likes this.
  5. Curly Shuffle

I would leave it the same, the only thing I think about when I see FLIR is government contracts and money??:) and most hunters already know the Armasight name/logo/ArmaSight BANG BANG!!

6. robininni

robininni LSB Member

Dear Mr. Armasight,

Can you please explain to me what the 'HD' lens is I found on my new Zeus 640 75mm scope? What did it do for the Zeus and by how much? Also, do you have any other lens cap solutions for this new version of the Zeus 75mm than the one it came with? It just dangles off the side of the scope and it doesn't seem like a very elegant or well thought out solution for an objective lens cap used for hunting compared to what I see on all the pictures of Zeus thermal scopes (all the previous non HD lens scopes I presume, I can't find an internet picture that looks like my Zeus 75mm). Thanks.

CIMG2778.JPG

7. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter TEAM OinK

How about an ATN rep? :)

8. robininni

robininni LSB Member

I don't get it. However, it is funny you said this because this morning I called ATN to ask something about the rebate and got someone to talk to in support within 1 minute. I called Armasight to ask about my "HD" scope and I got an answering machine....

9. TEXASLAWMAN

No one monitors this from Armasight anymore. That is a way better lense than came with the old standard 75mm. You got lucky.

10. robininni

robininni LSB Member

Do all the newer Zeus 75mm come with this HD lens? Or did I really get lucky and only a few are outfitted like this for some reason?

Yeah, I compared the view through this HD Zeus 75mm and a new Thor HD 640 100mm I had ordered and the Zeus is better! Crisper, more contrast, just better clarity. The Thor is on it's way back. I wish the Zeus had more magnification but I am starting to understand that it provides a very nice view. I love the shutter NUC and how its on auto no less. Very convenient. I have a Trail Sight XP50 arriving in a couple days and I will compare it with the Zeus as well (although I plan on keeping it either way). One other interesting thing I noticed, the Zeus '75mm' HD lens is HUGE! It's bigger (or at least as big) as the Thor HD 640 100mm lens so I'm not sure who is off on the dimensions, but the Zeus HD lens is a big momma.