Armasight's new Q14B

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lol FLIR need to get their act together. So it's still gonna be th same helmet mounted unit with the boson core?
What I heard was the project was cancelled by flir higher ups. That is from a flir souce not Armasight.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Also, looking at the FLIR website, things have been reorganized.

For a few months the old Armasight thermals had been relabeled and mixed in with the FLIR thermals in the OTS (Outdoor and Tactical Systems) Section, whereas the Armasight Night Vision gear was in a separate Armasight section. Now all the Armasight gear, both thermals and night vision are in the Armasight section and the Armasight thermals are removed from being blended in with the FLIR thermals.

So there might have been a branding strategy change !?

FLIR Outdoor & Tactical Systems | FLIR Systems

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I gave up on FLIR this year I sure had high hopes for them after buying armasight. I choose to invest my money into a New Pulsar 640 Trail and new Drone this year.

I'll see what FLIR brings to the table next year.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
FLIR bought Armasight for their market share and seems to me to be doing nothing but holding them back and not coming thru with product. If anything they have taken Armasight from #1 to a lowly 3rd if you can even get them. Pretty sad if you ask me, I see people all over these sites recommending other brands and passing on the Armasight/FLIR

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I've been through a number of mergers with my day job ... some go smoothly ... like Adobe, when I was there we did several mergers and they were all smooth. The inbound people were treated with respect and given their places at the table. At other companies - I've been through mergers where the acquired people were treated like objects to be disgarded ... so it depends on the culture of the acquiring company.
From where I sit, I can't judge the FLIR/Armasight acquisition, but it seems like Trijicon/IRD has a plan and is sticking to it ... IRD is the EO division and seems they are being left alone to do their thing, for now.
It looked like FLIR was trying to integrate the Armasight thermals into their main (civilian) thermal line, but now that the website got reorganized it makes me think they are having second thoughts. Time will tell. But I know a number of people that were lining up for the Q-14Bs ... and they might not wait a year before making a move ... or before even seeing if a move can be made. So it doesn't seem good for Armasight legacy people still at FLIR or for FLIR. But we can't really tell what is happening from out here.

It is clear that Pulsar isn't just watching, they have new products and are leaping in to the void ...

TEO needs some new products and FLIR needs to get "unconfused" and get back in gear. I'd like to see a "Patrol Mk2" ... maybe smaller, lighter and auto focus. With both the Q-14bs off the table and the Q-14 mod 0 discontinued as well as the ATN ODIN discontinued, the number of helmet mountable thermals under $10k is dwindling !!! :D

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep, I was really hopeing some more mini thermal mono models would have hit the market already also. Seems like we have went backwards in that area for sure.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did the Sig Echos wash out as no good?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just Found this...comments? FLIR Thermosight Pro PTS233 320 1.5-6x19mm (30Hz) Thermal Imaging Weapon Sight, FLIR Boson-320x256 (12 micron) $2200 ETA 4-5 weeks

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Yeah, looks like a 19mm rifle scope with boson core is coming soon !!

Thermal Imaging Monocular FLIR Thermosight Pro PTS233 1.5-6x19 (30 Hz)

04.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Todd, you already have one and testing it?

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What I heard was the project was cancelled by flir higher ups. That is from a flir souce not Armasight.
Really?

I guess I'm not surprised to hear this? When they first teased this product at shot show I have checked daily for the opportunity to "add to cart".

Then for marketing purposes they decided to remove the weapons mount capability, which really pissed me off. So now flir decides to pull the Q14 altogether.

Did they tell you why they were pulling this model?

I sincere hope I'm proven wrong but I'm sure FLIR realized quickly that such a model at this low price point would be way too much utility for the amount of money they were proposing to charge for it.

So now, poor saps like me will who have been whirled up into a feeding frenzy with really good bait and now switch, will end up buying this 19 mm scope now only to feel an undesirable urge to part with more money six months from now or whenever the heck they decide to release this helmet mount scanner.

Story of my life. Haha ( i'm not bitter, just trying to be a little cynical )

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can't say much but there is some changes coming. It'll be a while yet but they do have some good product in the pipeline.
Yea hmmm lol.

D

djones

Sorry, yes. I thought that was clear. @djones 's mom lives on the pacific coast. I'm there every day for lunch.
really? you have to bring my mother into it? fyi she's deceased, not that it matters to an asswad or the dooche nozzle that 'liked' it.
gfy