Armasight zeuss went to factory zero on recticle???

Bonita Chaser

Cost me three coyotes. For some reason my 336 42mm 60hz went to zero zero on elevation and windage. ?? Hunting conditions. Scope and rifle resting across my lap...heavy(very heavy) dew here in virginia last night. Could I have accidentally reset without knowing. Pushing button inadverdently? First time this has happened. Maybe all the settings went to factory? Under hunting conditions I usually have a good enough image not to adjust other settings. Question #2 If it happens again can i use same settings to obtain zero ? I have them written down now? Example windage -17 elevation 7?

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have the same scope in 30hz. It has gone back to zero when I forget to turn it off and the battery dies. I just put back the same numbers I had and its all good.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holding the #1 and #3 (12 and 6 o'clock) buttons down simultaneously triggers the NUNC. Holding #2 and #4 (3 and 9 o'clock) buttons down simultaneously RESETS the reticle to DEFAULT.

See page 24 at https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...sermanual/04_5_15/B00EHL1930._V305917428_.pdf

It's easy to get the two operations mixed up in the field (at least by me). Have NO idea why they'd think this was a good operation to have triggered by such an easy operation.

Last edited:

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Its happened twice to me and once on a friend. All three times were when the scope was about a week or two old and it's never done it since.

Fla_dogman

LSB Member
This just happened to me. First of all thanks for posting this otherwise I wouldn't have checked mine.
Here's what happened to mine. It's been dead on for months but the other night when I got home I turned it on to check the yard for armadillos and noticed there were no cross hairs, I turned it back off then on again and the cross hairs returned. I missed one coyote a couple of nights later but chalked it up to rushing my shot. When I read this post I checked and sure enough all zeros. A quick trip to the range and I'm back in service. I didn't press the 3&9 buttons as one person stated earlier that might have explained it. Mine will fail to turn off and if off with the battery compartment connected and will power up if I use it for several hours during a hunt. I realize this is actually a delicate instrument but it seems to have a mind of its own. And yes it's been sent back to Armasight for repairs.

Apollo 640/30