Armasight Zeus Target Practice

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Had removed my Zeus, so wanted to make sure it was still zeroed. Temp was 80, humidity 46%.

Forgot my darn seat, so had to kneel on the pavement, put Hart rest as low as it would go, was still hard to get a good position.

Wind sucked, watch the dirt fly after the first shot, blowing to the right, then watch the 4th shot, blowing hard to the left, guess I should have went out earlier, this was 1:30 PM. Still worked ok, gun is ready for some hogs. Target only at 50 yards, have to get consistent, some guns I do a 50 yard zero, others 100, oh well.

Watch in 720P:

If the wind wouldn't have switched, might have got them all in the same hole:

original.jpg

156828630.jpg

156828632.jpg

Last edited:

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
thanks for taking the time to post it up

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
which lens is that?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice!

I got sighted in by shooting steel targets. It was rather strange (don't understand the phsyics), but when I shot the hot steel targets (heated by the sun), a dark (cooler) spot showed through the scope where the round impacted. That is what I used for my aimpoint on followup shots.

I am going to have to try the aluminum tape method and see how that does, too.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
May be it con caved the surface and caused the thermal emission to not radiate towards you as much as the flat surface of the plate. Thermal radiation from different surfaces and angles effects the amount of thermal radiation seen by the detector, chrome parts wont give off the same amount of thermal radiation as the same part with black tape on it. I use thermal at work to do predictive maintenance on some machinery and chrome bearings won't show up correctly but a belt or standoff making contact will give the correct surface temp reading. Maybe the impact made the surface shine and it won't be seen as hot as it really is.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Interesting thoughts, I will have to video and then better information will be available. No matter, it worked well for showing impacts and that was what was needed.

The tape concept, like paper, makes for easier measuring and specific correction. I will try that the next time I change ammo or change the scope to a different rifle.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting there Dave!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I updated images above to show the size of the square I was shooting at so you get a correlation with the video and how the size looks at 50 yards and 5x.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Well, not the best group, but due to wind and kneeling. That load has produced sub .5 MOA out of the 12.5" *** barrels, I've built 3 and tested with that load. Many people use AA2200, I use RL10x, it is more accurate from my experience