Armasight Zeus losing boresight setting

marksrig

Two times now my Zeus 336x42 has defaulted the boresighting back to 0,0. The first time it happened I didn't realize it until after I missed a 50 yrd shot and investigated why. It happened again the other day. Has anyone else had this problem? I've also had the unit stay powered on even with the manual switch in the off position. This only happened once and stopped when I removed the batteries. The next morning it was normal again after reinstalling the batts and hasn't happened again. It has the latest firmware and is about 5 years old with very low hours. Always stored without batteries. Armasight technical said the settings are RAM and no memory battery is needed. RAM didn't make sense but I guess that didn't matter. He said it didn't use a battery so no issue internal there.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I lost my settings one time on my Zeus when the batteries went dead while I was using it.

marksrig

I lost my settings one time on my Zeus when the batteries went dead while I was using it.
Interesting. Well I have disconnected the extended battery without turning off the Zeus without having the onboard batteries installed. Maybe I'll experiment and see if that does it again and just avoid that. Thanks

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have had the same issue a couple times on my Zeus 336 when I have forgot to turn the scope off and the onboard batteries die. I have never had that problem when I use my extended battery and no onboards. In that case, there is no power at all at most times. Maybe the low voltage of dying batteries zaps the RAM. I started keeping a copy of my settings written down after that.

marksrig

Well, I'm not sure why it clears the boresight setting. I experimented with losing battery voltage while on from both the onboard and external battery I made and nothing changed. I had the dope in a folder in my email so getting the info took a little digging, but it was there.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea I had that happen without losing battery power. I sent it in for repair.

AKay

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lawman, Do you know what they did to fix it?

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My 640 3-24x75 reset to zero after batteries died in unit as well. I have had it for 3.2 years (warranty for 3) and have sent it in at least twice. My buddy got hte same scope at the same time and at 2.9 years and third trip back, they (FLIR) sent him a brand new one, but the objective is larger, maybe 100mm. He got it back about 3 months ago and now the focus ring for the objective is getting loose. That said, both the Armasight and FLIR CS has been above par, other than the $70 shipping charges ($50 of which is insurance).