Armasight tough

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
In case any of y'all ever questioned the durability of the armasight/flir scopes I found out last weekend that they're quite tough.
After shooting a lone boar we were taking some quick photos of him and my buddy set his Zeus on my front tire (smart move) and forgot it there when we got in to leave. I rolled forward and we heard a thump so I back up slowly thinking something hit my truck. When in fact it was the sound of the scope hitting my fender liner and me driving on top of it, then backing off. I ran over the lens end first and when we got out to grab it and see how bad the damage was it was laying in a 2" indention from the weight of the truck pushing down on it. To our surprise the scope functions flawlessly, focus ring still rotates smooth and remained zeroed. Could not believe it.
Oh and I drive a 17 Ford 3/4 ton diesel..so it's no lightweight. I believe it's just shy of 8,000 pounds dry.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
isCgjtb.jpg

And the pig we shot.

Fla_dogman

LSB Member
In case any of y'all ever questioned the durability of the armasight/flir scopes I found out last weekend that they're quite tough.
After shooting a lone boar we were taking some quick photos of him and my buddy set his Zeus on my front tire (smart move) and forgot it there when we got in to leave. I rolled forward and we heard a thump so I back up slowly thinking something hit my truck. When in fact it was the sound of the scope hitting my fender liner and me driving on top of it, then backing off. I ran over the lens end first and when we got out to grab it and see how bad the damage was it was laying in a 2" indention from the weight of the truck pushing down on it. To our surprise the scope functions flawlessly, focus ring still rotates smooth and remained zeroed. Could not believe it.
Oh and I drive a 17 Ford 3/4 ton diesel..so it's no lightweight. I believe it's just shy of 8,000 pounds dry.

Thanks for sharing... we've all wondered how tough they are

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mine were under water for about 10 hours when my truck sank they all survived minus a predator it was ruined.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like you need a new truck that will smash stuff. I'll take that one seeing how it doesn't work right. :D