Armasight Riser or different mount

Russ Wickline

LSB Active Member
For the armasight Zeus 640 3 75mm scope. I was wondering if I can use a riser to bring the height up 1/2 or so, or do they make a higher mount.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There are a lot of riser mounts out there depending on your budget. I don't have a Armasight but I also raised mine.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have an Armasight and use a 1/2" riser. No problems with holding Zero.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have mine on a QD Rail. Maintained zero out to 200 yards yesterday. So no worries.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bought a Larue QD riser rail. IT was pricey. On an aside, I sent my Zeus 640 3x 75mm to Armasight for the software update and got it back 10 days later. I set the boresight settings back to where they were before I sent it off and remounted onto the 6.8. First shot hit dead center of the 10" gong at 100 yards. Second shot hit dead center of the 4" gong at 100 yards. Done. I was blown away and no longer have any issues with Armasight's mounts.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
gVv5vh5h.jpg

My problem (is) was trying to mount ZP100mm on bolt gun, the gap between eyeball and rear of ZP was too great (inches) ... so I've tried to flip a couple of risers around to get some rear overhang, to enable moving the ZP100 farther to the rear.

The first surprise is that it worked! I was worried the riser might bang me in the face with recoil, but it is too far forward.

I tried Armasight riser, it was too long, even when mounted as far forward as possible.

The riser shown in the pic, is cheapo "Lion Gears" 10 inch riser ($26) (0.5 inch). It worked.

The other surprise, is, given the additional height and the 20 MOA scope base, and the height of the ZP centerline), when I "zeroed" at 100yds, I was 3 mils high (using the mil reticle). I couldn't crank the ZP reticle up any farther, I max'd it at the top. So I had to hold down 3 mils at 100yds. At 500yds, AB said hold up 2.5 mils, so net I was holding down 0.5 mils. AB said I was actually zeroed at 540yds. But it worked.

To get a better solution, I would go with custom. Ken Farrell Manf in Warsaw, MO has made me several custom bases, so I'd go with them. I'd want to make sure the riser is designed to work "backwards" as I'm not sure all of them are. And I'd check tightness before each outing, don't want it coming loose.

Russ Wickline

LSB Active Member
I was going to buy the LaRue or ggg riser. Instead I bought a cheap $30 qd riser from amazon to just test the fit. I took it to the range last weekend and works great. Adding the .5" even help with Caldwell ar brass catcher. It's not binding on extend battery now either. I may even try finding a 3/4 or 1" riser to see if that would be even better.

I'm not sure how reliable it will be taking on and off , if it will maintain zero. But thats not really a concern right now. Thanks everyone for your input.