Armasight Predator Video

Discussion in 'THIRD COAST THERMAL' started by FrankT, Sep 24, 2015.

1. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Was out last night and caught these 2 walking away, we hunt for food so no shot walking away at 150-200yds, higher humidity and 80*

2. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Had to get the rabbit in the video, I was surprised at how easy it was to ID a small animal at 85 yards

customcutter and Ratdog68 like this.
  3. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

Stew pot fodder right there Frank !

FrankT likes this.
  4. Wildfowler

Wildfowler Mis'sippi SUS VENATOR CLUB

Very nice scope!!

5. FrankT

Yes it is, very light and compact, certainly easy to use and for me, where I hunt does all I need it to do.

6. miket

miket Plantersville, TX SUS VENATOR CLUB

Nice, I am still dreaming of thermal. Some day.

Jefe likes this.
  7. FrankT

another Predator video

8. FrankT

and another Predator video with the new HD MDVR

BigRedDog and Brian Shaffer like this.
  9. wigwamitus

wigwamitus LSB Active Member

Frank,
    When I upload my videos to youtube, they show the little red "HD" thingy ... yours don't ... is that me doing something wrong or otherwise!!??
    Joe

p.s. Somehow the predator missed my radar screen until recently ... But it seems to fit nicely into the market .. a $3k MSRP thermal scope that is actually usable in the field !!

10. FrankT

It is a very good scope for the budget minded and are not making commercial videos. I am on DSL, very slow you can change the settings to watch on max of 480p I will try HD next time and report back

11. wigwamitus

wigwamitus LSB Active Member

I'm at the beginning of the learning curve ... I used "Movie Maker" and I save video as high dev mp4 ... and then I upload this HD mp4 to youtube ... I am on amplified cell data ... 19 miles from my tower to the cell tower ... sometimes it takes 30m or so to upload ... that's why I make my videos short! Like under 1m.

12. FrankT

Mine are unedited straight from the SD card to utube..old computer and slow connection ARE my enemy.

13. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Whether these are transferred to HD or not really won't usually matter as they are not actually recorded in HD, but at a lower resolution, sort of like playing a standard format movie on an HD TV. The quality does not actually improve. So Frank isn't doing anything wrong.

I put some of my movies into HD format to take advantage of the photographic stills I sometimes have in with the movie footage as the stills are a much higher resolution that the movie footage is. The movie imagery does not improve, but the stills look better.

14. BigRedDog

BigRedDog LSB Active Member SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter Vendor

GOOD STUFF FRANK

FrankT likes this.