Armasight Predator Takes A Bobcat

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe getting pretty close to the reliably functional limit for this size animal, but was still able to identify and sight in on a small bobcat at 120 yards with the Armasight Predator.

The shot entered the right hip, breaking it, and traveling diagonally across the body and blowing out the intestines along the way to the left shoulder and broke it. The 150 gr. .308 Nosler Accubond bullet did not exit

Mr. TBR told me this weekend that he thought the regular pressure on the local predator and hog community was doing some good. He has started seeing quail for the first time on his place in several years.

100_2648_1.jpg

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done, he was leaving, did not like the call I guess

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Boy o boy that cat looked like he did the Curly Shuffle on crack!!! Nice shot, and good on ya for making a difference!! BANG BANG!!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank, I have never claimed to be a good caller, but the rabbit distress call usually does a good job in getting predators to at least stop and this cat stopped twice for me. It was a shame I could not get him to come in closer. I am much happier with him stopping in place, however, than with the few coyotes that have come running to the sound. They are harder to hit!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I believe it is a really harsh call, was it a handheld, mouth or electronic? Hand calling is a real art

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fun, seeing you back into kitty-cat mode again. You've taken a pile of them. I'm amazed the AB didn't exit, on a small/soft bodied critter like that. Nice chootin'.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I believe it is a really harsh call, was it a handheld, mouth or electronic? Hand calling is a real art

It was one of these... http://www.amazon.com/Knight-Hale-C...ords=knight+and+hale+cottontail+distress+call

No doubt it sounds a lot louder inside the box stand than it does to a cat so far away.

Art? I don't even finger paint.

Ratdog, I was amazed it did not exit either, but it traveled the entire length of the body and took out some of the cat's heavier bones along the way. Measuring to the shoulders, the bullet would have traveled through >24" of flesh. So that is pretty good.

Kitty-kat mode? LOL, they are pretty much spot and shoot only.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
oh no doubt it sounds different to the animal down range than it does in a box blind where we are hearing it. I have several calls but cannot make them sound as good as the recorded ones on my foxpro.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looking good Brian.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice Job! That is a pretty cat!! That would be a good one on the back of the couch.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good looking cat. Too bad it's not the one getting all the fowl that you were asked to assist with. Good work with the Predator.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian awesome cat and one heck of a shot. No ping! 308 is a killer round. Cats like to,try to flank you so interesting it was walking away. I might had to stuff that one due how good looking it was.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I might have to mount a pinger on the .308, but don't know if the barrel would accept one. After catching sight of the muzzle flash for the first time in a year (about how long since I last used it at night), it was much more impressive than I remember! Impressive muzzle flash isn't your friend in hunting.

JPK

LSB Active Member
Nicely done! Good timing on the shot, he was leaving.

I sometimes wonder if the sound of a call is distorted as it leaves a box blind. Muted or may e echoing?

JPK

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like it. Nice video