AR 15 scope recommendation

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not going to be able to spring for a thermal scope this year, paying for daughter's wedding, so I figured I would just put a good scope of the 6.8 and do day hunts. What are good quality scopes that folks use?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do not know what you’re looking for nor the type of hunting you’ll be doing ?? Look at Primary Arms at their 4X16X44 they are around the 160 range and have sales all the time. That scope will cover all the bases, for the money it is a really nice scope. You can shoot close with it and for a 16 barrel 6.8 it will let you stretch out the 16 all while having a clear view. If you want a 1x look at Leupold but,, they are getting up there in range for a small lite scope and it will work fine also if your eyes are still good. BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just picked up a Vortex 2 x 7 x 34 I think it is, looks clear. Put it on my 6.8 and took off my Leupold 1 x 4 x 20 Pig Plex , put it on a new lightweight 300 blackout I built for close quarter brush hunting. The Leupold is good for quick on target acquisition but lacked the higher magnification for field shots.
Most of my shooting is between 10 feet and 200 yds. lol

Rookie

LSB Member
I wouldn't bother getting a first focal plane scope. Since you won't be shooting extremely long distances, you'd be paying for something you don't need.

My suggestion, contact the owner of the link I gave you. Tell him what you're wanting to do and what your budget is, and he'll point you in the right direction.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Then there is the whole line of red dot with or without magnifiers. Or a RedField cheap 3x9 again if your eyes are good,,, Also Trijicon and Nightforce they make a nice scope too. SCOPE SCOPE!! :)

Last edited:

nonnieselman

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
2.5-10 is my favorite.
I have the Vortex PST 2.5-10x44 on my 308 and love it. Planning on getting a refurb one from A&A.

chthump

LSB Member
That 1x6 adjustable zoom primary arms with ACSS reticle is nice, inexpensive and for the price, your etting a lot, i have 2, but like Zen said, use determines optic, red dot works geat 1 to 100 yds