Anyone been thinking of a 450 Bushmaster?

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Pretty close to the same. Factory Hornady 250gr is going 2200fps.

Ammo 1/3rd the price.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The only problem I have is it uses standard 45 bullets where the choice of .458 bullets is huge. I ended up going with the 458 socom

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've got a .458 SOCOM on my bucket list.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I have one already, love shooting it, picked up 500 rds of brass, only way to go with it is to reload

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
The only problem I have is it uses standard 45 bullets where the choice of .458 bullets is huge. I ended up going with the 458 socom

You can shoot 451 or 452 through it, depending on what it is, tons to chose from made for rifles, lever guns. The 450 Bushmaster forum has lots of info and loads. I picked up a few hundred factory 250gr for $19/box, so I am not reloading for awhile.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What sold me on it was the 300gr Barnes ttsx bullets and the cast 525gr pile driver bullets. I also had about 3000 different bullets for my 45-70 already so all I needed was brass. I ordered 2000 pieces from starline and split it with 3 friends so we got 500 each. I keep about 100 loaded rounds that work best in the rifle but I don't shoot it a whole lot

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Yea the 300 ttsx is a great bullet, that's what I'm shooting in my 458 with a load I got from Bill Wilson.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm shooting 1" groups with it at 150 yards

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Nice. I'm getting similar. I believe my MOA was around .65. It's so fun to shoot, wish I had a suppressor for it.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I also get right at 1" with the TTSX but only at 100yds. Don't have 150range. But I do have a suppressor.

Lane Scorpion all Ti

0307151837a_zpskmobqphn.jpg

d2bf2443-7f3f-486c-a6a3-5420fd368442_zps0f9167f7.jpg

Have not had too much time to really get into it. Ran a few full bore loads. Ran sweet and I will be using it a lot more. Can't wait to take the new 458 out with it.

You should love the 450. All the big boomers are a blast.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I also get right at 1" with the TTSX but only at 100yds. Don't have 150range. But I do have a suppressor.

Lane Scorpion all Ti

0307151837a_zpskmobqphn.jpg

d2bf2443-7f3f-486c-a6a3-5420fd368442_zps0f9167f7.jpg

Have not had too much time to really get into it. Ran a few full bore loads. Ran sweet and I will be using it a lot more. Can't wait to take the new 458 out with it.

You should love the 450. All the big boomers are a blast.

. That's nice

Note above post 458 brass available at Midway

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I never have much problem finding brass. It pops up quite often. My first suppressor will probably be a titanium 458 suppressor. I can't wait to try that out

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Wilson Combat makes a nice suppressor for the 458. I have one of the 30 Cal Whisper suppressors I use, seen in most of my videos.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was looking at the crux 458 suppressor

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Crux looks pretty cool. I went with the Lane for several reasons, all mentioned in the crux advert. They used a 458 Win Mag to check the 458SOCOM suppressor so anything I have will run in the Scorpion. Also the price. The Scorpion is about the same price as an all stainless can from anyone else. I would not discount the Lane but the final choice is yours. I Love my Lane and will be buying another as soon as I can afford it.