Anybody running dogs

Quacksmacker84

i know a few guys that do! we went last weekend and took down a nice sow and a beast of a boar that did so substantial damage to a few of the dogs.. that was only my 4th hunt with dogs. its one helluva a rush.. if you have places to go im sure they wouldnt mind taking you.. its kind of a tight knit group.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a friend that used to run dogs here in southern Florida. It always amazed me how much fun they look like they are having

Hog wild

I don't really have any where to go the place I go belongs to a friend and he didn't like the idea of me bringing a group of ppl he doesn't know out on his place

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't really have any where to go the place I go belongs to a friend and he didn't like the idea of me bringing a group of ppl he doesn't know out on his place

Yea most people don't want the dogs on their land around my place either. Hell I'm one of them nothing like going hunting on your own property and getting surrounded by dogs then have the trespassing poaching owner walk up and ask for permission to hunt.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dogs are unwelcome on our lease..damn in FL there are some areas that still hunt deer w dogs, that is not hunting that is killing. Not so bad w hogs and dogs but that is a young mans job, I am NOT running after the dogs to stick a hog!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My wife's cousin hunts with dogs and I know a few other guys that do it right. They make sure the dogs stay on the property they have permission to hunt. I think the main thing giving dog hunters a bad name is so many just let their dogs roam. The last guy I ran into told me he cannot control where his dogs go and he had the right to retrieve them. I don't think many understand it's still trespassing.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Last guys that ran dogs on hogs a couple of miles from us lost 4 of their dogs 3 weeks ago. Even though it is law that they wear tracking collars we have these on trail cams w no collars.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
All our hounds are tracked by GPS, when they get close to roads, others propoerties, etc, I can call them in.

It does take some work, but the tri-tronics is a great tool if used properly.

Unfortunately, poarches, etc, give good hunters (that follow the rules) a bad name

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All our hounds are tracked by GPS, when they get close to roads, others propoerties, etc, I can call them in.

It does take some work, but the tri-tronics is a great tool if used properly.

Unfortunately, poarches, etc, give good hunters (that follow the rules) a bad name
This works on all forms of hunting. As more people are equipping with night vision and thermal they think they can just drive the roads and shoot in the dark undetected. They forget other people including the game wardens have this technology also.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Someone was hunting my place in Halletsville a couple of weeks ago with dogs. They caught several which made the landowner happy. I lease the place for the hunting rights and did not know they were on it until he called me and told me what they caught. He called the next day and asked if I had been down night hunting. I told him I had not been there since December and asked why. He informed me that someone shot one of neighbors Black Angus Calf. The neighbor was convinced it was someone from our property and done at night. I advised him to contact whoever it was that was hunting his place that night. I also reminded him that he has never had this problem with our group in twenty five years, and he may want to reconsider alowing anyone else in there.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They shoot random/wild dogs on sight at my dad's place.

coondog

LSB Member
I have run with hog dog. Hog dogs are friendly dogs tword people. even the hold dog which is more than likely a a pit bull is friendly to people. I trust a pit bull that runs hogs more than a pit that someone has for home protection. Black mouth cure dogs fight with each other, that's just what they do. But they don't mess with people. My Red bone coon dog I worried about, around people more than the Black mouth cure dogs. Yah when the dogs finds a runner! Dogs don't know what a fence is. neither does the pig. People who have good hog dogs just don't leave them in the woods and forget about them. Good hog dogs are hard to come buy. If you find a wild dog in the woods, it's probably a dog someone let go and drove off.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I found 2 of them on my cams, supposedly lost hog dogs?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bay dogs? Hogger lost 4 dogs the night of their hunt, these were not there before as far as we know. The one in front was seen nose to the ground on a hog trail.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Look like someones pet or strays to me but who knows.