Anybody have luck with Sow in heat scents

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Never tried using any scent lures on hogs... Any luck or info on it would be appreciated.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use sow in heat all the time but they have to be in the right direction for it to bring them in. After a couple years using it I have only had maybe 2 boars come to the scent. I really use it more as a cover scent for me knowing I cannot possibly be that stinky so I put it in the general vicinity of my stand.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use it in all my traps. It brings in the boars and seems to catch the smaller hogs, it puts them at ease I believe. I hang a piece of rope or material from the top and spray it. I will also spray my trip wire to ensure they push it. Very valuable for trapping, makes the difference. Never used it for hunting...... But, like deer hunting I will put my doe pee bottle on the ground where I want it and open the top, put it back in my pocket when I am done. I don't want them getting used to it when I am not there. Same way I would use the hog scent, just open the bottle and set it strategically where you need it for that hunt.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I put it on SteveR and BRD, but I don't tell them. LOL Someone gotta bring em to me.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do you make BRD run around out there w scent on as bait?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
cool...mums the word!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller