Any Computer Guys here need help.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK guys my PC is on its last leg, it's beenough 10 years since I built my own pc so I'm not current on new hardware.

I need to know what parts to buy for the ultimate video processing computer. I'm assuming the same specs as a gaming pc but not sure.

If anyone here is current on this stuff I just need a list, tower, power supply, processor, chip, videocard ect.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Chirp......chirp......(crickets)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am no help I buy mine off the shelf for 20 years and notebooks no towers

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea, I have had only laptops for maybe 15 years.

Randy

Iowa
OK guys my PC is on its last leg, it's beenough 10 years since I built my own pc so I'm not current on new hardware.

I need to know what parts to buy for the ultimate video processing computer. I'm assuming the same specs as a gaming pc but not sure.

If anyone here is current on this stuff I just need a list, tower, power supply, processor, chip, videocard ect.

Find someone's college freshman who is into computer science or serious video games. My daughter is that person described. Having her tell salespeople what she needed was like listening to foreign language. We ended up buying an off the shelf desktop (along with laptop) and it handles her programming and video game needs.

Like weapons and assessories, you can either buy the computer system you need commercially (with warranties) or build your own...

Randy

Iowa
Find someone's college freshman who is into computer science or serious video games. My daughter is that person described. Having her tell salespeople what she needed was like listening to foreign language. We ended up buying an off the shelf desktop (along with laptop) and it handles her programming and video game needs.

Like weapons and assessories, you can either buy the computer system you need commercially (with warranties) or build your own...

List what you need / want the system to do.

If you cannot find someone with a college kid who is computer savvy, let me know and I will have her look into it.

You should be able to go into a university town Best Buy and find a college kid salesman (who is not bored and asleep standing up) to help you get what you need.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What's budget?
Do you have current video software or are you willing to up?
Lemmie know.

Jefe

LSB Member
I know that I'm about to open up a big can of worms.... but it's hard to beat a Mac Pro (not MacBook Pro) with Final Cut on it. Not cheap... but there's a reason Hollywood uses them. Honestly, you'd be fine with an iMac with Final Cut. I think another huge advantage would be the lightning cable connection to external hard drives. It's incredibly fast. That'll make life a lot better for you when it comes to transferring things.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know that I'm about to open up a big can of worms.... but it's hard to beat a Mac Pro (not MacBook Pro) with Final Cut on it. Not cheap... but there's a reason Hollywood uses them. Honestly, you'd be fine with an iMac with Final Cut. I think another huge advantage would be the lightning cable connection to external hard drives. It's incredibly fast. That'll make life a lot better for you when it comes to transferring things.
Exactly what I use...
Add Dream Weaver and Adobe and you will be using what top notch HD 1680x1080 Movie Productions use.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter