Another shooter from Cypress joining up

marineimaging

LSB Member
BigRedDog invited me to join in today at 10 Ring. This sure looks like a place I am going to enjoy. I have hunted the Sam Houston Nat'l forest around Cold Spring four years running and never seen a hog. I have tracked them, heard them circling around me and my granddaughters, found their wallers...., but have still not even seen one to get it into my sights. This year I decided to forgo the extra 48.00 for the WMA permits and look elsewhere. Hunting during the day has just been a waste of my time and fuel. I started looking toward Davy Crockett National forest for the 2014 season but then got laid off so I am not hurrying to spend money until I get a new job. Still, I have to have a diversion so a hunt now and then is what the Dr. ordered. We can not hunt in Harris County. It is the only county in the state which has a restriction that if you get caught hunting on private property (paper mill and saw mill stands included) without a written, signed permission slip in your hand you can be arrested which means losing your CHL. Not worth it to me. Does anybody know where to meet up to hunt at night (any day of the week is ok for me at the moment) within 2 hours of Cypress? Otherwise, I understand I can hunt in the Davy Crockett forest at night and camp anywhere when it is NOT deer season. I welcome any comments.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome... and only one comment, look out for that BRD feller.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome, you really need to watch who your friends are...

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Come to the meet and greet next weekend and we will discuss it.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome. We should all plan a range trip with the Houston guys sometime.

marineimaging

LSB Member
Welcome back to you all. Just outside loading some .45 WC @ 200grns and trying to figure out which powder I want to load these with. I have Clays, TiteGroup, AutoCOMP, Bullseye, HP38, WIN231, or Unique. I am trying to save my Unique until I can get a couple more pounds (missed the last arrival at 10 Ring by one day).

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
There is twenty acres for you to park a RV on. I just wouldn't park it downrange. LOL

marineimaging

LSB Member
Yes, anywhere downrange on any acreage anywhere was not in my plan. LOL I don't think the siding is bulletproof for much over a .177 pellet.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We will be glad to test your siding for you!!

marineimaging

LSB Member
I did subject it to a mini-tornado that took my canopy and sucked it out of the roll up frame and ripped it to shreds without bothering anything else, but a projectile through the side???? Nah, I think I will pass. LOL

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
HOWDY!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
bring a friend, wife, girl friend.

just don't bring the wife and a girl friend!

marineimaging

LSB Member
Got it. I told the wife that I had found the "Sturgis" or "Woodstock" of the hog hunting world. Any chance you can give the coordinates for GPS to where the parking will be? I could use Tom-Tom or Garmin, but I would like to see if I can find it with nothing more than GPS coordinates, enter them in my hand held, and see if the device actually arrows me to the exact location.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh you guys have to give him the GPS to the swamp at the end of the Range! This is too easy!