Another one bites the dust

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I haven't done much to be a contributor lately, so I thought I would share my daughter's success. She was getting ready to go to work one day a couple weeks ago when her mother called her and said that there was a boar cruising around her brood sows pen. She grabbed her .243 and went down to investigate when she found this guy trying hard to find a way into the pen. She said when she first walked out into the pen, he just casually walked away a little way and turned back toward her and acted like he wanted to charge her. She got a steady rest on the fence post and second guessed her decision to "only" bring a .243. She took the shot and the hog ran away, but she could see it was bleeding alot and that it was a good hit. He went about 50 yards and piled up next to a fence that he was heading for. I can't seem to get her to join up, or at least regularly check in, but she has killed more pigs that me this year. I can't wait to get my night vision equipment so I can take her out for some real excitement.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good for her! So the boar was trying to get in to breed domestic hogs?

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yep, that's what she thinks. She has a brood sow in that pen that's close to 400 lbs. The boar was cruising back and forth looking for a way into the pen.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That sow might have just killed him for you!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Maybe not, that sow has made her a lot of money with all the piglets she has produced over that last few years.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
no I meant to Sow may have killed the boar if he had gotten in, big girl.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
no I meant to Sow may have killed the boar if he had gotten in, big girl.
I knew what you meant, I was meaning that she "likes the boys" A LOT. You know even big girls need love.:D

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Your girl done good right there. You'd better build her a 6.8 too.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I knew what you meant, I was meaning that she "likes the boys" A LOT. You know even big girls need love.:D
Just hope and pray that brood sow doesn't develop a Praying Mantis like disorder.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Your girl done good right there. You'd better build her a 6.8 too.
She's still a little intimidated by an AR. She likes bolt guns mostly. Earlier this year she rolled a coyote that was in a full run. She was a slow starter when she was young, but she has come on strong the last 5 years or so.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
She's still a little intimidated by an AR. She likes bolt guns mostly. Earlier this year she rolled a coyote that was in a full run. She was a slow starter when she was young, but she has come on strong the last 5 years or so.

Your pocket book is probably grateful for that.
I thought all females were genetically pre-dispositioned for that disorder. Some kill you outright, and some kill you slowly for years.

Well, married men live longer, women still live longer yet... so, we can see they are well equipped to draw it out for full effect.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice! The hogs do that on my friends ranch we always check the hog pens when the sows are in heat!