Another Florida Native

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hello, I found this site after Drift gave me the name. I also shoot the 6.5 Grendel, it is currently set up with an ATN 3X12 X-sight, and a T-50 illuminator off Ebay. Mine doesn't go PING like another members here. I'm new to NV, and learning from my mistakes. I turkey hunt primarily the past few years and hand load tungsten for 12 & 20 gauge. NV will allow me to expand my hunting opportunities. Hopefully I can find other local properties with hog or predator problems and get permission to hunt them.

I lived in Texas back in the early 60's. My dad was stationed at the SAC base there northwest of Dallas, Fort Worth area. We were stationed there the year Kennedy was assassinated, many years ago.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to yaz. Good crew here. Watch out for that Itsazonik character though. :>)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome, where in FL?

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just east of Tampa, near Brandon. We used to hunt up in Appalachicola National Forest 30+ years ago, after we left the Suwanee area. We mainly hunted hogs with trail and catch dogs in Suwanee, and switched to more deer hunting in ANF.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We have a guy on the lease from down there and drives up here to hunt...works at Disney so closer to Orlando I guess.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to yaz. Good crew here. Watch out for that Itsazonik character though. :>)

Hey I resemble that remark!!!!!

Welcome to the site. Lots of Florida residents here

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to hog central!

Drift

LSB Member
It's good to see you here CustomCutter. The rest of you guys need to know CC is the best turkey caller/hunter I have ever met.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
CC, what kind of turkey is this? recently seen on our lease

11350775_656105454491218_7280956415752821721_n.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like one lookin' for a deep frier to hop into.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is what I thought Brian, there is a color phase that looks like that. Also our lease owner released 500 Osceola(they are not native this far N in FL) pullets years ago to breed w out native turkeys so I am sure we have some crossed birds.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's good to see you here CustomCutter. The rest of you guys need to know CC is the best turkey caller/hunter I have ever met.
You guys need to know that Drift hasn't met very many turkey hunters, and I'm just the luckiest one he's met.:)

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
CC, what kind of turkey is this? recently seen on our lease

11350775_656105454491218_7280956415752821721_n.jpg
Frank, my guess would be a hen. But seriously, my guess would be a genetic mutation like Brian suggested. Or it could be a domestic turkey, or a cross breed between a domestic and wild turkey. I saw a picture years ago on the Georgia Outdoor News forum of a similar looking turkey and everyone there thought it was a domestic turkey that had "escaped". IIRC it was whiter, with darker wings.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really think this is a mutation from the mix of the colors and I agree it is a hen. We do have a rich guy a county away that raises all kinds of things and he does release full grown turkeys on the lease, this is not one of those we do not believe.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Chameleon turkey, they take on whatever color they are next to, Hard to kill a lizard turkey like that, especially around white sand.

Galveston340

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! I was stationed at NAS Jacksonville back in the 70's and used fly all over the state.