Anaconda Range Report

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took my new to me Anaconda 44 mag to the range yesterday. Let me say WOW!. the pistol is in mirror finish and was flawless. hard to detect cylinder marks. I will post gunbroker photos and my pics. I am still working on cleaning. I shot 30 rounds. It took my about 15 to get use to recoil so I did not anticipate recoil. I had to think about that a lot and just relax. The pistol for as big as it is very well balanced. Trigger is not as smooth as Python but still crisp. This is a cool revolver. I shot 230 gr Federals.

30 ft single action in door range

Next is double action

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You found a real beauty there... congrats.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that is a big heavy gun!! a real beauty

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang you got a nice snake family started, haven't you. Beautiful.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had one about 20 years ago... Nice looking gun, but dented primers regularly ... Sold it. I paid $750 for it new.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had one about 20 years ago... Nice looking gun, but dented primers regularly ... Sold it. I paid $750 for it new.
No issues there but it has apreciated a lot

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It probably has appreciated as of yesterday now.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not a lot of mirror finish Anaconda were MFG. so I picked a gun that was very close to being perfect. It had no cylinder marks since I have shot 30 rds it has slight marks. Should not detract from value in 10 to 15 years. Time will tell if it was good investment.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm glad you shot it Rob - if it were mine I would say that it immediately was a good investment.

Folks sometimes worry about depreciating a firearm by shooting it (car/motorcycle by driving it, etc), even just a little. My take is that you have to factor in the "enjoyment value" you gain from shooting it, and let that offset any monetary devaluation. I think that those fun things we store on that hard drive between our ears can't be monitized. A gun like that is sure to increase in value, but I think that generally, from a purely financial return standpoint, there are better investments than guns.