Ammo, none left.

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
I don't buy a lot of ammo but when I do I get it from Cheaper than Dirt. I got a feeling I better order some more. On March 4 I got 6 boxes, Barnes Vor-TX 223. Received them a few days later. After that, I ordered again on March 27 they only had 3 boxes of the Barnes Vor-TX so I got those and 3 boxes of a different Barnes ammo since shipping costs were the same for 3 or 6 boxes. This time processing an order was 10 days, I have not received it. I just checked today and they are out of all 223.

Last edited:

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You may be lucky that you got what you did when you did.
It seems everyone has gone crazy. It's almost as bad as what happened after the 2012 elections.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This too shall pass. It's amazing how many people these days are so reactionary and hope their credit card doesn't get rejected. LOL

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I will never buy from CheaperThanDirt again. I haven’t since the post Sandy Hook gun scare. They price gouge in times like these. And I’m not talking about price increase due to demand and resource availability. MrGunsNGear, and Military Arms Channel will tell you the same. Do they have the right to do this in a free market economy, yes. Do we have a right to buy elsewhere, yes.

Anyways not to derail your thread. I usually buy my 6.8 ammo 1000 rounds at a time, from a hand full of online stores that are located in gun friendly states. Unfortunately I’m down to below 200 rounds and didn’t re-up before all this.

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
Blakester, I forgot to mention that the price went up $5 a box on the second order. I bought a bunch of 223 Federal at Walmart that I keep on hand. I would by from Cabelas when then would send a coupon so I could get the Barnes for around $20 a box. They stopped sending coupons and charge around $35 a box. CTD first order was $24/box, second order $29/box. If I don’t shoot at running piglets I can get about 19 hogs with a box of twenty so I’m not going through much ammo.

diggler1833

LSB Active Member
I always try to keep a spare 100 rounds of 6.8 on hand, and I managed to get a few hundred more rounds ahead of this latest craze by a week or to (unintentionally). I'm not Todd Huey, so I don't have a lot of opportunities for a mag dump anyway. I go through about 20 rounds per month it seems. Even then, I have a few hundred bullets that I can reload to duplicate factory ammo. Reloading is good.

As much as I always want to buy a new gun, I do put a lot of stock (pun intended) into gathering reloading supplies and ammo. You never know when some nutcase is going to shoot up a place, or now a virus threat...and people start hoarding.

Oh, and to echo the sentiments above...I will never purchase from Cheaper Than Dirt after the Sandy Hook price gouging. I saw that they did it again. What I love about Capitalism is that they have the freedom to do that, but I also have the freedom to take my business elsewhere...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It is nice, having some reserve on hand.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I’ve tried to standardize my inventory to a few different calibers. Then watch for sales and stock up a little. It seems to have helped me maintain my stash. Ya never know when hard times will hit. Right now seems all the dealers are backed up on order filling.