Always a good idea to take the land owner thermal hunting. Always.

DangerRanger

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Was able to take the land owner of one of my honey holes thermal hunting for his first time. We got on a decent sized group, but they were scattered through out some pecan trees. It was slim pickings trying to get more than the two that we got.

He was using my 6.8 SPC with my Zeus 640 2-16x42mm and I was using my .223 with a Pulsar N550A. I knocked mine down and he got one, so two confirmed. They had a very convenient escape route making continued shot opportunity more difficult....... But he's hooked on thermal hunting now!

Didn't take time to setup up fancy camera pics, so DJ will have to make do photoshopping this iPhone pic of the land owner with both pig kills.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nuttin' like having a proper perspective working in your favor within a landowner's mind. Good move, congrats on the kills.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did you get your gun back?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After taking the landowner they will buy what you show them then tell you that you are not needed anymore...I have heard about that many times.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Land owner was smart and wore his camo Fudd gear lol!!!!

D

djones

After taking the landowner they will buy what you show them then tell you that you are not needed anymore...I have heard about that many times.
i bet he would still be welcome as a wanted guest even if not needed.

not bad for a newbie and a snotty nosed kid. but i would have killed all of them

DangerRanger

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think in this guys case, he's hooking me up with his other neighbors. And since I personally am one of his neighboring properties, we're gonna continue to hunt together.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great work guys!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hogs down!! Definitely great advice telling him not to shoot if he doesn't know what it is. It was good he check with you too.

nonnieselman

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Found out most of the land owners we hunt for that farm dont have much time to go out and do what we do and keep the really late hours so they gladly let us do what we want and put fuel in our trucks and anything else we might need. Most even give us $100 here and there to help with ammo and other expenses.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have found the exact opposite to be true, now the landowner will buy thermal and night vision and ask you not to come back because he wants to kill the hogs. I've lost more property showing the landowner how it's done than I care to list. I don't do it anymore.

nonnieselman

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wonder if age has anything to do with it. Most the farmers we kill hogs for are older. mid 60s to early 70s, One is in his early 50s.

Andrew Wallace

LSB Member
Nice job, hopefully you keep access to the land and hunt with him some more.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i bet he would still be welcome as a wanted guest even if not needed.

not bad for a newbie and a snotty nosed kid. but i would have killed all of them
It all depends on if he buys his own equipment, long as he is using yours you are fine. The second he buys his own gear your done.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wonder if age has anything to do with it. Most the farmers we kill hogs for are older. mid 60s to early 70s, One is in his early 50s.
Nope old and young alike, the key is if they invest into the gear. I've had farmers that wanted me to kill every hog out there and would call me quite often to hit their place buy the gear and then tell me when I call well I'm going out with my brother so let us hit it first. Another farmers cousin bought a thermal and now when I call he tells me man wish I could let you out here the hogs are tearing me up but my cousin spent all that money and wants to shoot them now. Same old story.

Hopefully this won't happen to you since tall are neighbor's.

DangerRanger

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nope old and young alike, the key is if they invest into the gear. I've had farmers that wanted me to kill every hog out there and would call me quite often to hit their place buy the gear and then tell me when I call well I'm going out with my brother so let us hit it first. Another farmers cousin bought a thermal and now when I call he tells me man wish I could let you out here the hogs are tearing me up but my cousin spent all that money and wants to shoot them now. Same old story.

Hopefully this won't happen to you since tall are neighbor's.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm good. Especially since we let each other hog hunt each other's properties. But I do clearly see your point now.......we have a third neighbor that we both hog hunt.