Almost got into a sounder tonight!

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes I did. Only 1 slight problem. They were 20 yards over the fence on another mans property. I kept stalking along the fence line as they were feeding along under the oaks. My side of the fence was open pasture, no trees, but they kept easing closer to the fence. There were probably 8-10 nice size hogs, and I've got video. But I've also got Window 8.1. Did I mention how much I hate it? I'll try again tomorrow to see if I can figure out how to copy, import, download the files and try a little bit of "moviemaker". Then do some photobucket stuff too. This is all to much for an old fat man that found out today that he suffers from sleep apnea and has hypoxia. I think that means I have a hard time getting both brain cells to fire at the same time. Wish me luck

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Leaving TBR, many times I have seen a sounder just across the road, sometimes not even inside the fence.

Bummer on the sleep apnea. Just don't sleep and it won't be a problem.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
try uploading to youtube, takes windows out of the equation. as I get older it seems I want to go to sleep just s the hogs are ready to move at night and being up all night is not as possible as it once was. good luck

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I talked to the land owner today. Trying to get permission to put a hog roll barrel on the other side of their property, away from the property where the pigs where. Apparently that land owner gets paid to "guide" people on hog hunts, so we don't want to cause any problems with him. It's a family affair so 4-5 members have to discuss it and get back to me about the barrel.

As far as the sleep apnea, I've known about it for 20 years now. The last test was in office and I didn't sleep all night, they said I was in REM sleep all night. I told the tech he had fish at 11 PM and burnt his popcorn at 3AM. He said, how do you know that, I told you I didn't sleep all night. Nuff said. This time I did the home sleep study.

Frank, I don't know how to upload from a DVR directly to youtube without using a computer and windows. Maybe I'll get it figured out today.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
oh yeah you need a computer and the internet

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Ken,

Take the card out of the DVR and put in a SD slotslot on the computer. If youyou don't have a SD lot, can run a USB cable from the DVR to the computer, I believe it came with one.

Then open file Explorer. Many times in 8.1 it will give you a pop-up when you plug in.

As for Movie Maker, drag the file in to it. Can add titles etc. Then click file>save>high resolution. Save the file somewhere on your computer. If You don't have aa YouTube account , create one. There will be an upload' button, click on the upload, find your file, select it.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dave, Thanks the files were transferring the whole time. I just wasn't getting any confirmation from the computer that anything was happening. I thought I had Movie Maker, but it's some other software that came on 8.1. It doesn't recognize the files. I can't even look at them to see what the file extension is with the video software. I may have to try a different video program. I haven't loaded anything to photobucket in at least 10 years and don't have a utube account so like I said, this is a lot of new tech stuff for a guy with only 2 brain cells and they ain't firing in proper sequence sometimes. I been out of the corporate world for over 8 years now. I barely keep up with e-mail.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Start baiting on your side of the fence .. it may draw them in.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Trying for permission for a hog roll barrel now.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My good friend has been working doing sleep studies for the past 4-5 years and my cousin owns a sleep lab, near Conroe. Not sure what neck of the woods you're in or if u have any questions you'd like me to ask them, but if so let me know and I will contact them

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, supposed to be getting a unit tomorrow with a micro chip that records results for the next 2 months. Then the Dr will review the results again. Hopefully this will help with unexplained headaches I've had most of my life. At least I should sleep and rest better.