A Saturday Sow

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
With the combination of helicopter hunters on a neighboring ranch, and farmers trapping across from us we estimated 200+ hogs were killed in few week time span. This obviously translated to far less pigs seen on trail cameras and even less seen while hunting. But try as you may, you can't keep the pigs down in Texas.

Saturday morning this 150lb sow came in at 120 yards and I shot as she paused quartering towards me. Bullet entered just inside the facing shoulder and exited a couple inches behind the opposite shoulder. The 120 TSX did it's job, DRT.

Oh, that following evening dad and I had a gorgeous bobcat walk 10 yards in front of us, very cool!

IMG_20150425_091222604_zpsxeuj4ywj.jpg

DSC01132_zpsihjqealo.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats, fine sow there. Did the kitty get some love too, or just a photo-op?

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
only shot the kitty with a camera!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice indeed. Way to go on that hairy hog!!! It is shameful that the other property did not give you guys a chance to whack em!! BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too bad kitty doesn't realize he was "owned". Nice job getting a pic. Switching gear and getting the shot isn't always doable/easy.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome. Get a few cat pics a year on trail camera and not many, but getting one with a camera is very cool.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome. Get a few cat pics a year on trail camera and not many, but getting one with a camera is very cool.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice job on both. I usually see a couple cats a year, but have never gotten a decent picture of them.