a little windy

D

djones

these hogs never settled down. we had to change our approach several times. the field was recently plowed and rows were deep. lots of trouble walking through. finally we decided to just stay still for a while and sure enough they eventually got close to us. wind was 25 to 35 mph with gusts that felt over 100!

we both made good first shots but there’s just something about shooting next to a world champion. I can’t help but feel a sense of urgency because I know he’s trying to kill more hogs than me. instead of slipping into the zone I rushed several shots and hit high. i just couldn’t seem to find the mark until most of them got away. in my defense, when I started to turn to keep up with the runners, the rows made for extremely difficult footing. factor in the wind and it was hard to even hold steady on the ones just standing still.

windy_zps1a11cy0s.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lots of shooting going on, had to be fun! That wind was wild!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You finally obliterated that last one you were shooting at. It completely disappeared from the screen. Did it disintegrate faster than your thermal could record. Haha!!

Seriously, good job there!!!

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video, sounded like you were shooting 22s in that wind.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hurricane central! Dandy hogs though!! Neat video they were all kickin it haulin out of there!!! Nice going in the wind tunnel!:) BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Your poor hunting partner... he must've been laughing too much, you done slapped his grin clean off his mug... his WHOLE mug (for that matter)!!

Congrats, nice pile of hogs there. Wind can sure be crazy stuff.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video and good shooting! Watching how the rifle\ camera reacts to each recoil sure makes me glad I chose the 6.8!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
crazy W. Tx wind! Good hunt!

D

djones

the far hog slipped down in the rows at the edge of the circle, where they are horizontal to me. easy to find once i got over there though.

hunting bud likes his face blurred as a programmed response from when he was a hall monitor and active in the glee club.

the recoil looks worse than it is, but is does look pretty bad. i may switch back to a heaver steel can and see if there's a difference.

i will say one thing for the zeus... i spotted a hot spot several hundred yards into the field and thought it was a baby hog. we got right up to it to discover a fresh pile of pig poop. pretty impressive heat signature detection if you ask me.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i spotted a hot spot several hundred yards into the field and thought it was a baby hog. we got right up to it to discover a fresh pile of pig poop. pretty impressive heat signature detection if you ask me.

And I thought you knew your ****...

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lots of good hogs to send lead after!
Congrats on your kills.