A little hog action

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A little hog action with my relatively new pulsar XP50.

These hogs were rooting in last years peanut field. The farmer told me they will probably have to work up the field again since the rooting is so bad, and he wants them gone.

Just about the time it was getting black dark where I couldn’t see with my binoculars anymore, I saw a group of pigs while scanning with my FLIR Vue from the comfort of my truck.

I could not have had a more perfect approach into a stiff wind, and finally stopped to set up my tripod for the shot when I could faintly make them out by their silhouette about 60-70 yards away.

A moment or two later while searching for the rest of the bunch, I spotted them way down at the bottom of the hill up against the tree line and got two more thanks to the old fashion spray and pray method.

I don’t know if this was really poor hundred yards away or not? But that’s what I’m saying it was in the dark. These turned into 20 pound piglet so the distance could be deceiving

So fast forward to about an hour later, got a guy lined up in town who wants hogs so I did the best I could to get them all recovered.

Really couldn’t drive all the way to them but I can get close enough where I was able to drag most of them to the truck.

The last one I got to was down at the bottom of the hill from the shot about a mile away. I walked all over creation looking for because I didn’t bring my scanner, eventually found it, drug it back, got it loaded up and as soon as I sat down in my truck I looked at the monitor of the still scanning FLIR and this thing coming right towards me.

My truck was running, and the headlights were on, and this big bore was about 50 yards away, closing the gap to my position when I shot him.

Unbelievable.

One of the pigs from the first batch looks like it may have hatched an alien?

4A7EEB6A-8E29-450A-8674-5DB612198ACD.jpeg

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down!! My friend would call that last hog a gimme hog.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some great action there. Good kills.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Video Two — that's what we call 'Flock Shooting', and sometimes it works!
Video Three — that big hog thought he owned the place. :cool: Now he's someone else's supper.

Good going. Keep After 'Em!

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to whack and stack!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This really is little hog action. 20 pounders. They sure can move!

In another instance earlier tonight, I shot the sow and one other piglet but failed to properly document the action with video footage.

Still getting the hang of this pulsar scope. I like it. And I like this peanut field. Ten pigs in two nights.

Last edited:

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pop!... Goes the piglet.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Here’s some alternate footage recorded from my fleer view that was looking in the general direction.

The video was a little slow going, I couldn’t figure out how to speed it up and then slow it down at the action so just feel free to skip around.

Can’t really tell much of the action from this video compared to live through the pulsar. But I didn’t even notice those two that appeared to run off to my right.

Last edited:

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
A little hog action with my relatively new pulsar XP50.

These hogs were rooting in last years peanut field. The farmer told me they will probably have to work up the field again since the rooting is so bad, and he wants them gone.

Just about the time it was getting black dark where I couldn’t see with my binoculars anymore, I saw a group of pigs while scanning with my FLIR Vue from the comfort of my truck.

I could not have had a more perfect approach into a stiff wind, and finally stopped to set up my tripod for the shot when I could faintly make them out by their silhouette about 60-70 yards away.

A moment or two later while searching for the rest of the bunch, I spotted them way down at the bottom of the hill up against the tree line and got two more thanks to the old fashion spray and pray method.

I don’t know if this was really poor hundred yards away or not? But that’s what I’m saying it was in the dark. These turned into 20 pound piglet so the distance could be deceiving

So fast forward to about an hour later, got a guy lined up in town who wants hogs so I did the best I could to get them all recovered.

Really couldn’t drive all the way to them but I can get close enough where I was able to drag most of them to the truck.

The last one I got to was down at the bottom of the hill from the shot about a mile away. I walked all over creation looking for because I didn’t bring my scanner, eventually found it, drug it back, got it loaded up and as soon as I sat down in my truck I looked at the monitor of the still scanning FLIR and this thing coming right towards me.

My truck was running, and the headlights were on, and this big bore was about 50 yards away, closing the gap to my position when I shot him.

Unbelievable.

One of the pigs from the first batch looks like it may have hatched an alien?

View attachment 6180
Great shooting great videos. I’ll be back in Texas next month and can’t wait to get some yotes and hogs..

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB

This is what happens when you get greedy.

I tried to line them up for a two for one shot and somehow jerk the trigger at the last minute shooting under the primary target in hitting the one standing behind him.

Just fortunate I didn’t miss both of them at 40 yards.

These things are about the size of a miniature Schnauzer.

Hahahahaha

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If you had a REAL assault rifle you could have hit that one.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
About halfway through I thought I heard a voice saying "Run Forrest, Run!"

Hey, you got one!