A great day hunting..coyotes and hogs

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ever have one of those days where it all seems to come together? Well today was that day. My last job of the day just happened to be in the middle of some of my hunting turf, just by coincidence of course. So when I finished my job I set out to do some predator hunting. Four minutes into the first stand I had two coyotes coming hard! I shot the first one less than 6 yards from the the Foxpro Furry2. The second coyote never offered a shot and left the country. I moved to the next spot and called a bullet proof coyote. About 10 minutes into the stand he popped up out of a draw just as the wind changed direction on me. I sent two rounds his way as he hit top speed out about 400 yards! On the next stand I had two coyotes come running in less than 2 minutes! I shot the first one at 30 yards and the other one running at 252 yards. It wasn’t pretty, but it slowed it down enough for a second shot. The sun was setting quick, I only had time for one more stand. I got set up and less than 30 seconds in I had a coyote coming hard and fast! He needed to top one more hill for me to have a good shot. Just as topped the hill a group of hogs popped up out of a draw. He saw them and nearly turned himself wrong side out trying to go the other way. Me being the guy I am, I decided to take a hog instead. They were a bit out of range for the .223, it didn’t stop me from slinging lead! I hit the first hog as she was heading for timber. She continued running. A big boar came up out of the draw about 170 yards out. I dropped him right there with a Hornday 53gr. V-Max. I went to look for the first hog when I spotted another hog coming through the brush. I shot her in the neck, dead right there. Then another hog came towards me. I double tapped him and he dropped! I later figured out that the hog in the brush was the first hog I had shot from close to 200 yards out. Twaz a good hunt. Tally 6 coyotes called, 3 killed. Hogs everywhere, 3 dead. Only because I was out of ammo, thought I was going to have to take up running!

1471739_672149216157108_1929304120_n.jpg

1959956_672149489490414_428058827_n.jpg

8014_672149562823740_1383409620_n.jpg

998228_672149719490391_1060727401_n.jpg

1688401_672149812823715_296338707_n.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Glenn, can't beat a day like that!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
very nice shooting. Good end to a great day.

Do you do most of your hunting in OK, or north Texas ?

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
North Texas. This was in Montague co.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was outstanding! Would love to learn more from you by observing. Do you need an apprentice. Not for the plumbing though! Lol.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
you need to come to the predator and hog expo in waco april 4-6 be lots of folks there to learn from.

PRyan1877

Roselle, Illinois
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great story Glenn. Congratulations on the yotes and pigs.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Sweet! I love using the 55gr VMax, but if a person plans on saving hides, this is not the round to use inside 150 yds

I grew up in SE Oklahoma and hunted in Ok, TX and AR