A Few More From Bosque County

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ken, the Hessian, who started with me in Bosque County came down with me to try to find some more hogs.

All I can say is that after taking out 13 larger hogs during the previous two trips, the number of larger hogs seems to have diminished significantly. We took out 3 more larger hogs but larger is not really representative. The first two sows we took out had both had litters and were with milk and one was 100 lbs (young sow) and the other was only 50 lbs (very young sow). I think that previously, the smallest sow I had seen in a similar condition was 75 lbs, so the 50 lb sow was pretty darned small. The giant of the group stood out in the field as being much taller than everything around him and he was just a 180 lb boar. We also hit 3 piglets, but could only find one, but the piglets were all over the place.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ken, the Hessian, who started with me in Bosque County came down with me to try to find some more hogs.

All I can say is that after taking out 13 larger hogs during the previous two trips, the number of larger hogs seems to have diminished significantly. We took out 3 more larger hogs but larger is not really representative. The first two sows we took out had both had litters and were with milk and one was 100 lbs (young sow) and the other was only 50 lbs (very young sow). I think that previously, the smallest sow I had seen in a similar condition was 75 lbs, so the 50 lb sow was pretty darned small. The giant of the group stood out in the field as being much taller than everything around him and he was just a 180 lb boar. We also hit 3 piglets, but could only find one, but the piglets were all over the place.

I was wondering if Ken was still alive and kicking . Been a long time since he made a cameo appearance.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm thinking this did not happen, since I went all the way back to April on the kill counter and do not see even one hog entered by you hmmmmm.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Always good vid and nice hogs down!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Another fine video.
Nice shooting!