90 pound sow vs .300 win. mag

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry about the poor quality of this video. It was re-recorded off from a T.V. onto an I-phone. E-mailed and then uploaded. A friend of mine invited me to the exotic game ranch he was running to kill a hog. Just after I moved to Texas. Bad mistake on my part. After this I spent many hours "helping out" on that ranch on several occasions.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Always a pleasant sight to see 'em go down and stay put.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL no zombie hog there! She knew something was wrong but just could not leave the tempting corn!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes my friend, but you can not imagine the bureaucracy and the time we take here in Brazil to purchase weapons ... will be around 6 months of waiting! Damn anti-gun!
We're not THAT bad.... YET.

Glad to hear you're gonna be snagging that rifle up.

Andre Lopes

Boar Hunter from Southern Brazil
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What about ammunition for it. Is it difficult to get also? I know you said .243 ammo was like $5.00 each round.
My dear friend Histopicker!
We'll get the ammo 30-06, but will probably be more expensive than the value of 243 ammo. But here we practice quite a handload. With this, we have the process cheaper.
The problem is that we have only one factory ammunition for civilian use here in Brazil. Is that manufactures the brand Magtech. By Magtech can buy gunpowder, brass cases, primers and projectiles. In addition, the company Magtech acquired the company Sellier & Bellot and got good hunting ammunition, but the high prices.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hmmm.... I hadn't heard that Magtech had purchased S&B. S&B's 6.8 SPC ammo hasn't had the popularity of other brands, in that they've been using large rifle primers. I'd seen that they'd switched to small rifle primers for this caliber though... and have been interested in trying it, when I find some.

Since I've been saving my brass over the years, I have a good supply of .30-06 brass.

Andre Lopes

Boar Hunter from Southern Brazil
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I am sorry it is so difficult for you to get. Just remember the .30-06 in that lever action rifle will generate much more recoil than your .243. You will enjoy.
I can not wait to try this recoil!
It even reminds me of a story I heard when they asked for a Marine what it felt like to shoot at the insurgents, and he said: I feel... the recoil!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I put up a thread for you (Andre) in the ammunition/reloading section. That is... if you decide you prefer less recoil from a .30-06.