8 piggys down Saturday night.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I had high hopes for this weekend raising the Dead Piggy Counter but it just was not meant to be. We ended up only hunting for a few hours Saturday night but still had a great time. The main ranch house Is a totally refurbished 1800's plantation house.

We smoked BBQ evey day!

Again for the short hunting portion of the weekend the grass and vegetation was so tall it only allowed for a few fast shots on the groups of pigs. Also it was 97% humidity with heavy fog I could only see about 50 yards with my pvs-14. We ended up taking the windshield out of the polaris and I drove using the MTM thermal.

We arrived at the first feeder the same time as a group of about five adults and at least 30 piglets did, the piglets looked like little ants running around snatching up the kernels of corn. My friend and I both got set up to shoot when his night vision quit so it was up to me to take them out. I found the lead sow and she went down DRT, two more sows went down, and then all I could see were flashes of black hot as the little piglets ran in every direction. Couldn't help but laugh almost every time I fired there was the thud from the impact and a black flash in the thermal from the spray. Finally hit one more sow as she made it to the fence we heard the thud but never found her, the fence was 200 yards from us. We also are not exactly sure how many piglets went down either, the tall grass and hot cow pies everywhere made it hard to locate them even with thermal. And of course when we went back to review the video we got the black screen again ugggh.

We got new batteries in my friends nv, fixed the mdvr cables, and headed out to the next feeder only 500 yards from the first. Surprisingly there were several pigs under this feeder also. So we did the 3-2-1-fire countdown my first target was saved by the feeders metal leg, the second went down, then I found another bad primer, and finally I hit the one piglet that chose to run the wrong way.
This is a daytime picture of the feeder we were standing next to this stand while firing so it gives you an idea of range.

Here is the lost piglet lol.

And here is the video!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You sure do have friends in NICE places! Looks like a blast. I especially liked the evil giggle after the shot. Thanks for sharing.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You sure do have friends in NICE places! Looks like a blast. I especially liked the evil giggle after the shot. Thanks for sharing.

The thuds make me giggle. I had just shot all those piglets not 15 min before this and was still laughing from that. I actually muted out a bunch of the laughing it was to much lol.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Yes I'm very blessed to have some great friends. This is one of my favorite ranches to hunt, great hunting with 5 star hotel like amenities when your relaxing in between hunts. This is also the ranch where I started my hog hunting addiction!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man you have been plagued with bad primers. Nice vid though.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man you have been plagued with bad primers. Nice vid though.

I thought I had shot everything from the ones I got oil on. But I found a mag with a few rounds stuck between the front seat so I used them. Now for sure all the ones I could have possibly contaminated are gone. If there are anymore bad ones now then Its a bad batch.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
100 yrds running piglet= great shot! What a facility, love the house! When are things going to get cut so you can get back to killing?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
100 yrds running piglet= great shot! What a facility, love the house! When are things going to get cut so you can get back to killing?

Frank with the rain every thing is growing back up it seems like in a week after its cut. I guess all the plants are making up for the last few years of not much growth in the drought. Even though its hard hunting now, its still going to work out for the better. Every single sow I have seen has her own little sounder of piglets following her. Last year I was seeing 3-5 piglets with a couple of sow's, now it seems like every sow has 8-10 piglets in tow.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Makes for a good hunting grounds, lots more hogs/targets. My plots I just cut are already back up and growing, so i get it.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
At least you got out there and got some good shooting in. Good job.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go Tex. Can't say I haven't giggled like a school girl while pulling the trigger.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Tex. Can't say I haven't giggled like a school girl while pulling the trigger.
The first encounter that did not record was the best oh well next time lol.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I find myself shooting and laughing all the time, so don't feel bad.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank with the rain every thing is growing back up it seems like in a week after its cut. I guess all the plants are making up for the last few years of not much growth in the drought. Even though its hard hunting now, its still going to work out for the better. Every single sow I have seen has her own little sounder of piglets following her. Last year I was seeing 3-5 piglets with a couple of sow's, now it seems like every sow has 8-10 piglets in tow.
The dreaded PIG BOMB has gone off!

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
good times!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All the rain makes for more to eat thus bigger litters. Funny how animals figure that out.. TLM is WF where Alex is getting some good rain. I saw on National TV about their extreme drought.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Imdid
I didn't see your post hope you are getting some of the rain TLM is talking about. Saw WF on national news about your water shortage.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We are slowly getting more rain. Things have gotten a lot greener, but we are still in stage 5 drought. Our water reservoir is at 28% capacity and we are recycling sewer water into drinking water.

Back to TLM's dead pigs.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man that is terrible! 3 years ago we were almost bad as parts of TX, last year more than made up for it and this year we already have our annual average met, 60" a year, all this without any tropical storms or hurricanes.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Its all in cycles we are sure to be flooded here soon.