7 Hogs in 4 Stalks

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The only way things could have gone much better would be if I recovered all 8 hogs, but the evening started off with me finding the landowner sitting in a lawn chair with a scoped rifle, watching the oats field...in case any hogs showed up before I arrived. It has been several months since I have been to this property and he, gave me the overview of what had been going on, where the livestock was, what was planted, etc. He wished me "Good luck" and left me to hunt. I have multiple fields to watch and knew I was going to be mobile much of the evening, but I had no idea how true that would be. The action was ongoing. As soon as I returned from one hunt, I would spot hogs and be off again.

Only 6 are shown recovered. The landowner found #7 this morning. Said it was about the same size as the spotted hog but with 2 1/2" cutters. Sorry I missed recovering him!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like a great time! Enjoyed the video! Keep em coming

neorubio

LSB Active Member
What a night! I understand the landowner, too many hogs and some didn't even want to leave! (all hunter's dream :D). Congrats on another amazing hunt ;)

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some GOOD killin' right 'dere B!! Tractors is KEWL! A.B. needs to learn to precision-bomb a Mountain Dew into your fox-hole while you're killin' enemy insurgents.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome Brian! Great to see AB back!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
One helluva night there Brian. I got tired just listening to all that stalking around.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good and SAFE shooting - I like! Congrats on the hogs!!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome hunt!